PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline and multivitamins

Hedgehogs4life
24-01-16, 22:47
I have been on sertraline for about 18 months, am I ok to take multivitamins?
I think they should be ok but I wasn't sure

debs71
24-01-16, 23:58
Yes, it should be fine.

I have been taking a high dose multivitamin with Escitalopram (also an SSRI) for years and have had no adverse effects from it.

All the best.xx :winks:

Consider
24-01-16, 23:59
Of course! In fact, it's a great idea! :) Just make sure to read the label to make sure there isn't any herbs that will interact with your medication.

MyNameIsTerry
25-01-16, 05:55
You already are every time you eat something so it's only a question of the volume with these things.

RDA's are really old anyway and they are based on being healthy, not having an anxiety disorder that will cause your body to burn through more nutrients.

They are certainly safe to take but some people find they make them anxious (but other say the opposite) so perhaps try a lower dose if you are worried about strong supplements? Or break them in half and try a few (but not if enteric coated or timed release as this is unsafe).

iwantpeace
28-01-16, 08:48
all vitamins and minerals are safe and recomended.
no recation with sertraline. i would advice you though to stay away from weird herbs.
stick with old classic CENTRUM :P

Consider
28-01-16, 19:34
ehhhh I would stay away from Centrum. It's synthetic. Whole-Food vitamins are the best and are better for you. I take Rainbow Light and Jarrow vitamins. All Natural.