PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a panic attack?

jenni89
25-01-16, 00:17
For the last few days, I have had weird symptoms while driving. My hands start to feel cold, my hands and feet start to feel kinda tingly, and my chest feels kinda tight, minus pain. My heart isn't racing, matter of fact it seems to have been going slower than usual. My vision feels like it is going to get weird, like the brightness really sends me into a panic sometimes because it makes me feel as though I might faint. I'll feel like I am on the verge of "seeing stars" which makes me panic even more. I then start to concentrate on my breathing and take deep breaths. I must look like a lunatic in my car, because I am like rocking back and forth trying to distract myself from feeling any sort of bodily sensation. I was thinking maybe it was side effects of low blood sugar, low blood pressure, propranolol, or zoloft but I can't really pinpoint what exactly is going on with me.

turboswag
25-01-16, 18:19
This sounds like a panic attack to me! Have you been anxious or nervous about something recently, even unconsciously? Anxiety can cause a multitude of things like:

sweating
rapid or uneven heart beat
a "dissociated" feeling like you're not quite in your body
visual disturbances including visual snow and sensitivity to light
weak/tingling/numb arms, legs, face, hands, or feet
lightheadedness, or fainting
chest pains
joint pains
headaches
a feeling of doom, like the world is crashing in on you

AND THOSE ARE JUST TO NAME A FEW! In short, yes this sounds like a panic attack. Try taking a hot bath, drinking tea, or distracting yourself (I find that being around friends helps). If you're still feeling off in a few days, go visit your doctor to give you some peace of mind:) best of luck!

GingerFish
27-01-16, 09:52
Sounds like a panic attack. Most of the time my heart doesn't race or pound during a panic attack either, just during the big full orchestra ones. My vision goes funny too. Its hard to describe. Things just look different even though they don't.