PDA

View Full Version : Lack of sleep and fever like symptoms

sl1nky
25-01-16, 00:53
I've had a fever for almost 2 weeks+ now, it's caused me to have at least 3 meltdowns in the past week, panic attack that put me in hospital, another panic attack through the night and crying my eyes out today because im just so tired. I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow, when i check my temperature my its around 36-37 degrees Celsius but that's normal, yet my skin feels like it's burning around the head, back and chest, I also have a headache, maybe got 2-5 hours sleep within the past 4 days, and my eyes burn and feel bruised. However i can't shake the feeling that im terrible ill with some horrific disease, or that im going to die of heart failure from lack of sleep since that's exactly how bad I feel D: Trying to stay away from google, this is probably the worse i've ever felt in my life, at this point i honestly feel like im dying D:

PlantsForHire
25-01-16, 01:07
sl1nky, I am terribly sorry you feel this way. I've gone 2 nights without any sleep from jet lag and I felt like I was going to die. My heart was pounding away in my head and I felt chilled all the time. But halfway trudging through that time I realized that no one in history has died from lacking sleep for 2 nights. Celebrities are constantly under stress and are known to pull all nighters and they live long lives.

It's very good that you have stayed away from Google. Lack of sleep can make you very emotionally distraught and it is very frustrating.

Judging by your other posts it seems you're a very healthy individual. I strongly believe you'll get through this.

I once had a severe underarm infection and the flu for a week while visiting London without even noticing it. I walked everywhere when it was below freezing and felt terrible but just shook it off. It wasn't until I got back home that I realized what I went through. So what you describe sounds like a virus. The other symptoms you're going through is completely in the head and is a result of anxiety!

Have you read/seen any of Claire Weekes' works? I recently ordered Hope and Help for Your Nerves and have found it incredibly helpful (I had a breakdown 3 days ago and ordered it because of that). I would definitely recommend looking her stuff up!

Stay strong! :hugs:

sl1nky
25-01-16, 10:40
sl1nky, I am terribly sorry you feel this way. I've gone 2 nights without any sleep from jet lag and I felt like I was going to die. My heart was pounding away in my head and I felt chilled all the time. But halfway trudging through that time I realized that no one in history has died from lacking sleep for 2 nights. Celebrities are constantly under stress and are known to pull all nighters and they live long lives.

It's very good that you have stayed away from Google. Lack of sleep can make you very emotionally distraught and it is very frustrating.

Judging by your other posts it seems you're a very healthy individual. I strongly believe you'll get through this.

I once had a severe underarm infection and the flu for a week while visiting London without even noticing it. I walked everywhere when it was below freezing and felt terrible but just shook it off. It wasn't until I got back home that I realized what I went through. So what you describe sounds like a virus. The other symptoms you're going through is completely in the head and is a result of anxiety!

Have you read/seen any of Claire Weekes' works? I recently ordered Hope and Help for Your Nerves and have found it incredibly helpful (I had a breakdown 3 days ago and ordered it because of that). I would definitely recommend looking her stuff up!

Stay strong! :hugs:

Hi thanks for the reply, i've been like this since the 1st of January, do you know if viruses effect your body for that long? :huh: even after managing to maybe get 6-7 hours sleep last night, i feel exactly the same :doh: and i'll check that book thing out, thanks.

PlantsForHire
25-01-16, 15:26
Hi thanks for the reply, i've been like this since the 1st of January, do you know if viruses effect your body for that long? :huh: even after managing to maybe get 6-7 hours sleep last night, i feel exactly the same :doh: and i'll check that book thing out, thanks.
I once had a virus for three weeks and it actually turned out to be multiple viruses that I got over that time period. Viruses can last for a while. Have you been out and about recently? Viruses are pretty common around this time of year so make sure you're washing your hands and not touching your face.

Glad you got that sleep last night! Even though you feel the same you know mentally that you got adequate sleep so that's great.

androidz
25-01-16, 16:11
I'm exactly like you at the moment, not as anxious as you definitely but symptoms are the same, I feel as if I have a fever but my temperature is a normal 36.5 celsius. Been like this for about 1 week, and in my case it started after a dentist appointment, I don't know if it's a coincidence or not.

My theory is it's probably just a winter bug we've caught, bacteria or virus, probably virus, and that it will eventually clear up on its own.

I'm personally not too concerned about it for now, if I develop an actual fever then I'll pay the doc a visit, otherwise I'll just wait it out.

I know it's kind of annoying to feel like this but this stuff happens, we can't expect to always be super healthy and happy :p

Take care.