PDA

View Full Version : Going for yearly physical tomorrow...

WorryWortAgain
25-01-16, 02:03
I'm going in for my annual physical tomorrow. I go every January. I haven't had a serious HA flare-up for 13 years so this is the first time that I'll be going for tests when I'm dealing with HA. In the past I've had my blood-work come back irregular (elevated liver enzymes, high triglycerides, etc) and I've been able to shrug it off until I'm re-tested and everything's been fine. I don't think that will happen when I'm in this anxious state! I mean I *know* I have HA and I *know* that I am catastrophisizing situations and I shouldn't be jumping to conclusions when I have a strange cyst, a low-grade fever, or a swollen node (recent issues.) And while I know this, it still doesn't keep me from fearing the worst.

I'm going to talk to my GP about prescribing me a low dose of Prozac as when I finish breastfeeding in April, if my HA isn't resolved I think I may go back on the Prozac. I don't want to live in fear anymore because it's not really living.

Hopefully the bloodtests and x-rays will come back clear and I won't have to do any re-tests. I just know that will cause me some sleep-less nights :/

the_anxious_mind
25-01-16, 02:50
Good luck on your tests! Currently waiting on my yearly blood test results so that I can put my HA to rest.

WorryWortAgain
25-01-16, 18:30
Chest X-ray, EKG, & urinalysis were fine as I expected they would be. I tried to talk to my GP about my concerns and anxiety but he had a mes student in with us and it was just an awkward visit. I'm going to talk to my gynecologist about going on meds when I go next month and about my concerns about hormonal changes. My results from my blood tests will take about 10 days. Hopefully everything looks good :/