PDA

View Full Version : Just Cant Deal With This!! :(

the_anxious_mind
25-01-16, 02:57
I just feel like this is the place to say this as everyone else in my life just keeps on sounding like broken records... wait it out... you're fine... everything is fine... I just want to scream!!! I don't want to be fine!! Or sedated!! Or tired!! Or anxious!!! I don't want any of this!! :( I just want to crawl in a hole and cry for days. I am so tired. I keep telling myself there is a reason and I have helped people with their problems and this suffering is for a purpose but for God's sake today is a freaking disaster day. I want to give up. Just lay in bed and never come out again. I'm so so so tired :( This isn't like me. I hate it. Someone please tell me that it's going to get better because for the life of me, I am going on day 9 of Lexapro and I am feeling nothing and I am so freaking discouraged I am crying. I know it needs more time. But I can't leave the house I am so anxious. And why everyone wants to know?? I DONT KNOW WHY. I just am!! I feel like dying even though I know I am physically fine! I have no one outside of this damn computer who knows what this is all about. It's so frustrating :weep::weep: I'm sorry... I just had to rant! :weep::weep::weep::weep:

uru
25-01-16, 07:37
What are you anxious about?

Shazamataz
25-01-16, 08:12
Oh what a day for you! :(

I thought you were doing so well?

I'd expect on day 9 you could be feeling heightened anxiety from the medication. I know mine was REALLY bad on SSRIs (so I had to stop them), but you have been doing so good. Perhaps just see today as a blip on the road to recovery?

There IS a reason for feeling the way you do. You are in the process of altering your brain chemistry!

Please be kind to yourself

Hugs
Sharon

MyNameIsTerry
25-01-16, 08:18
Well you sound like a different person on the other thread so isn't that proof that things can be better?

Has something triggered this or has this just come over you?

The thing is, these meds can bring mood swings with them as well as anxiety. When going through that side effect window it's important to remember that it is one day at a time. Some of those days can be crappy ones but you have been doing ok up to this point and just been suffering the fatigue that is often seen with these meds when we start them.

I suggest you get a good nights sleep and see what tomorrow brings. How about that for a cliché and a broken record?! :winks: But this is one day and you can never judge your experiences of these meds unless you observe patterns, just like with anxiety. You could wake up tomorrow and find a mood swing has cleared up and you are back on track again.

All of us who have been through don't take it lightly. It may just seem like words on a forum but we've lived it too and the support is here when you need it. :hugs:

the_anxious_mind
25-01-16, 15:36
Hello everyone, back on track I suppose. I have had a LOT of stress with my grandmother, as I have mentioned. Yesterday was a horrible day. My husband and I also had it out big time, he's under a lot of stress and working lots of hours. I was just sad all day, I think the stress of everything had caught up with me. It is disheartening to not be feeling some better by this point. I am still finding it extremely hard to get out and be about. I don't know that I have ever really been moody, per say, but I have had bouts where I have cried but that isn't necessarily normal for me to be explosively upset. I just couldn't be positive yesterday. I don't know what the deal was. Sorry for my rant :( I have talked to some people that have said I should be feeling better by now and then some that say give it 6-8 weeks. Some say call the doctor. I feel some better today but I am obviously just having trouble dealing with that it is a process. I also contribute it to it to facing the medication and putting a lot of faith in it and still struggling. I am always very active, and despite anxiety, I am happy and outgoing 99% of the time. The past week or so all I want to do is lay around. Back to the other thread for an update. Thanks for reading my freak-out... Sometimes you have to freak out to get over it! lol

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Now I feel like a total weirdo and feel bad for losing it and ranting. I feel super embarrassed now... lol... I just knew people on here would understand better than anyone else. Sorry for having a meltdown!! :blush:

MyNameIsTerry
26-01-16, 04:57
I don't see how you would be expected to be feeling better by day 10 of any SSRI. Whilst this one may be quicker possibly than Citalopram, it's still very individual.

Wiki says this:

Anxiety disorder

There may be a significant improvement in GAD symptoms as early as the first week and the majority of patients respond by week eight with a significant improvement in functioning. It also seems effective in the long-term, with relapse on escitalopram (20%) less than placebo (50%).

Well if that was truly the case I would like to know why it's further down the list than Citalopram or Sertraline but I guess it could cost.

However, initially SSRI's are increasing Serotonin and the longer term effects of the receptor reduction takes a bit longer.

Notice it says may in the first week? I've seen posts on the Meds board for ones like Citalopram, Sertraline, Ven, etc where people have said that. I've been on Citalopram and it was 2-3 months. So, whilst the potential may be there, the reality of what that means to you is a very different story. You just can't go by what other users say, it's irrelevant. If you said this after those 8 weeks, then your doctor may be looking to increase the dosage or switch to something else.

Honestly, don't expect short term improvement on SSRI's, just see how it goes and be mindful of the various windows involved. If you want quicker results then it may be more of a case for Mirtazapine, Pregabalin, etc which are newer meds but if you read the threads about them you will see all the same issues.

Don't feel bad for having a rant, that's what these places are partly for. We understand, we've felt it. And you could even be experiencing side effects making you irritable or moody anyway. Your husband needs to be mindful of this period and how you may feel worse or different in some way for a short time and he is going to have to ride that out just like you are.

TalkTonight
26-01-16, 08:58
Hi the_anxious_mind

How are you feeling today?

I love a good old rant, whether it be my own or some else's. When stress builds without a healthy outlet our bodies, as well as our minds, begin to suffer.

Rant away I say! No good can come of keeping it inside.

the_anxious_mind
27-01-16, 00:15
Hi the_anxious_mind

How are you feeling today?

I love a good old rant, whether it be my own or some else's. When stress builds without a healthy outlet our bodies, as well as our minds, begin to suffer.

Rant away I say! No good can come of keeping it inside.

Thanks!! I feel the pressure to hold it together all the time and sometimes you just gotta rant! haha. I am a lot better. Had to have a meltdown and get it out of my system! About to update my escitalopram diary in a sec!! Thanks for your encouragement!! :hugs:

---------- Post added at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:13 ----------

I don't see how you would be expected to be feeling better by day 10 of any SSRI. Whilst this one may be quicker possibly than Citalopram, it's still very individual.

Wiki says this:

Anxiety disorder

There may be a significant improvement in GAD symptoms as early as the first week and the majority of patients respond by week eight with a significant improvement in functioning. It also seems effective in the long-term, with relapse on escitalopram (20%) less than placebo (50%).

Well if that was truly the case I would like to know why it's further down the list than Citalopram or Sertraline but I guess it could cost.

However, initially SSRI's are increasing Serotonin and the longer term effects of the receptor reduction takes a bit longer.

Notice it says may in the first week? I've seen posts on the Meds board for ones like Citalopram, Sertraline, Ven, etc where people have said that. I've been on Citalopram and it was 2-3 months. So, whilst the potential may be there, the reality of what that means to you is a very different story. You just can't go by what other users say, it's irrelevant. If you said this after those 8 weeks, then your doctor may be looking to increase the dosage or switch to something else.

Honestly, don't expect short term improvement on SSRI's, just see how it goes and be mindful of the various windows involved. If you want quicker results then it may be more of a case for Mirtazapine, Pregabalin, etc which are newer meds but if you read the threads about them you will see all the same issues.

Don't feel bad for having a rant, that's what these places are partly for. We understand, we've felt it. And you could even be experiencing side effects making you irritable or moody anyway. Your husband needs to be mindful of this period and how you may feel worse or different in some way for a short time and he is going to have to ride that out just like you are.

Thanks for your ever-thoughtful replies!