PDA

View Full Version : Partner says she is not sure she is still in love be with me

nursegreenwhippet
25-01-16, 06:32
I am having massive panic symptoms as my partner of 12 yrs says she lives me but thinks she may not be in love with me anymore. I feel like my world is falling apart.
I had to go on a course yesterday and managed it -but don't know how! I have to go to work all day today and have to take emergency phones all night. I have hardly slept and have eaten nothing. Have just put my tabs up this am and managed half cup of tea. I don't know how to carry on. Any advice please x

Shazamataz
25-01-16, 08:15
Oh it's so hard to give advice on something like this! That is a heartbreaking thing to hear so no wonder you feel so anxious.

Perhaps just remind yourself it is NORMAL to be upset. Could you take a sick day from work? Have you actually broken up? Can you talk through it?

Floundering here but just wanted to offer some support.

Hugs
Sharon

MyNameIsTerry
25-01-16, 08:21
I think how you are feeling is very normal, it's a shock and you don't know what to think. It will just be questions going around in your mind.

Whatever has led to this, it's in your partners mind and so talking things through to understand it and decide how you both move forward seems the way.

Right now you could be thinking the worst too. Sometimes these things happen in relationships, as you probably know, and it takes some time to get things back on track. The love is still there as she says, perhaps the relationship just needs to work to get her to see what she has got or maybe she is experiencing her own issues that she will work through but it's one to talk through so you know what is going on.

nursegreenwhippet
25-01-16, 09:39
Thank you both for your support, I am at work now and at least this makes me feel normal to an extent - have had a couple of cry's on clients shoulders (they are so lovely) I really hope this will work out and I can keep some of my anxiety under control x

meche
25-01-16, 15:44
I've been on both sides of this predicament. To be told it hurts like hell but saying & admitting it to someone is just as tough & hurts just as much. Talk & be as honest with you can with each other. If there is something to salvage from your relationship then you will find it together and work through it. It sounds like your partner is trying to be true to both of you. Relationships can be hard work especially when we're all so wrapped up in our busy lives & trying to work through issues. I really hope you can work things out. Sending you big hugs :bighug1: xx