PDA

View Full Version : Petrified about blood Clot . Please help

anxious1
25-01-16, 07:15
Hi all. Am really worried about having a blood clot on my lungs. My symptoms are burning legs when lying down. Seriously out of breath upon little exertion. Fluttering in my chest, i also have a cough thats mostly dry but feels like something is my throat or chest. I have aching legs when walking. I have been diagnosed with Gerd and G.a.d i am burping a lot and on one side of my breastbone burns when i touch it. Also pain in ribs when walking. I have been to the doctors 6 times in the last week. They all put it down to anxiety. If i eat it seems to come on after that and lasts a day or two. I have had blood tests. All normal. Two ecg both Normal. And my reflexes checked all good. . She actually got annoyed last time and said i was to anxious and to go to bed. Can someone please advise as i am worried stiff

turboswag
25-01-16, 08:55
This sounds like an unfortunate combo of gerd and anxiety! If you had a blood clot in your lungs, or a pulmonary embolism, you would be coughing up a pink or red tinted mucus, or blood. Also, a blood clot would have had to travel from an artery to your lungs, most likely from a leg (think: swelling, pain, heat). You would also have pain in your chest with rapid breathing or deep breaths (and interestingly, acid reflux can also cause a sharp pain when you take a deep breath).

The pain in your breastbone and ribs sounds like acid reflux, which can cause sharp or burning pains in your chest, and up into your throat or neck. You probably feel weak and sore because you're so worried and strung out!! Especially if you've been to the doctor 6 times, I'm sure you're fine. Don't worry!!!! :)

anxious1
25-01-16, 20:26
This sounds like an unfortunate combo of gerd and anxiety! If you had a blood clot in your lungs, or a pulmonary embolism, you would be coughing up a pink or red tinted mucus, or blood. Also, a blood clot would have had to travel from an artery to your lungs, most likely from a leg (think: swelling, pain, heat). You would also have pain in your chest with rapid breathing or deep breaths (and interestingly, acid reflux can also cause a sharp pain when you take a deep breath).

The pain in your breastbone and ribs sounds like acid reflux, which can cause sharp or burning pains in your chest, and up into your throat or neck. You probably feel weak and sore because you're so worried and strung out!! Especially if you've been to the doctor 6 times, I'm sure you're fine. Don't worry!!!! :)

Thankyou for the great reply. I just cant seem to shake the thoughts