PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Successes

heths
26-02-07, 11:52
Two things have happened this morning, both were unexpected.

Firstly, this morning I had my appointment with my CBT therapist at the clinic. The taxi came much earlier than I booked it and so when I got there I had 25 minutes to wait in the waiting area. I'm anxious waiting usually, so knowing I was so early I was a bit worried. But although I was anxious waiting, I coped.

Secondly, half way through my therapy session, the fire alarm went off. My CBT therapist went and asked someone if it was a test. Noone knew why it had gone off but we all had to leave the building for safety. We were all told to stand in the car park and we had to wait for the fire brigade to come and check the building out before anyone went back in.

As I'm agoraphobic I was worried about waiting outside in the car park. Everyone went to the car park, we had to wait there at least 15 minutes while the fire brigade arrived and then checked everything out and eventually we were allowed back in and it had been a false alarm.

I was hardly anxious in the car park and this really suprised me. I wasn't alone, my mum had come with me. But still, even when people are with me normally for things, I still am more anxious than that.

zena
26-02-07, 12:00
Well done Heather on your good morning...
Keep up the good work..
Stay positive

manmoor
26-02-07, 12:17
Wow well done Heather xxx

Southern_Belle
26-02-07, 16:58
That sounds great Heather, I think anyone would be a tad nervous under those circumstances. Well done.

Laura

Karen
26-02-07, 22:24
Great news Heather. Very well done for the way you coped. Shows it is possible doesn't it :)

Karen xx

heths
27-02-07, 15:48
Thank you all :)

Alexandra
27-02-07, 17:05
Excellent news Heather im so pleased for you.

Take Care

heths
27-02-07, 17:08
Thank you Alex :)

Piglet
27-02-07, 18:27
Well done Heather for adapting to the circumstances, that can surely also be considered progress!! :D :D :D :D

Piglet x

heths
27-02-07, 20:33
Thanks Piglet :)

nomorepanic
01-03-07, 14:12
Well done on coping Heather.

Hopefully this has also given you some more confidence in yourself now as well?

bobsy
01-03-07, 17:34
Well done heather you did really well and dealt with it brilliantly.

take care

bobsy

heths
02-03-07, 14:07
Thank you Bobsy and Nicola.

It has given me some more confidence yes, if someone had told me that either of those things were going to happen at some point, I wouldn't have thought I could cope as well as I did.