PDA

View Full Version : PVC'S are taking over my life.

nothisispatrick
25-01-16, 17:29
Hey you guys. So to give a back story, I've had pvc's for the majority of my life. For as long as I can remember, going all the way back to being around 4 years old, and now I am 22. I've been checked out by a couple doctors and told that it's nothing, it's all anxiety. I've been checked out by a cardiologist, who ran EKGs, an echocardiogram, and a stress test, all of which came back normal. In March of last year, I left work and went to an Urgent Care clinic because I was having them so badly, and at the clinic, they put me on a beta blocker. The beta blocker worked wonders until last November, when I got very sick and started having severe panic attacks as a result. After the first severe attack, I started having constant palpitations again. My beta blockers have done nothing for them ever since. I have severely limited my life as they don't happen much when I lay down, so I try to lay down as much as I can. If I so much as sit up, let alone be up doing something, my heart goes crazy. I'm going crazy. I've seen one doctor since then and she insists that I'm fine, that it's all anxiety. She says that I've already had all those tests done so there's nothing wrong with me, but I'm worried that my attacks were so severe that they messed my heart up. I don't know why the beta blockers would just stop helping like that.
When I say I have pvc's, here's what they feel like: a big, hard thump in my chest followed by dizziness and a shock - like feeling. They happen when I sit, stand, move, bend, take a deep breath, swallow, pretty much when I do anything. I am so scared.