PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety

Sarahjane12
26-01-16, 10:54
Hi,
This is very new to me and I feel I need to write it down so I don't seem insane to my family anymore.
I have always been an anxious person, having OCD (everything being in even numbers or sorting sweets into colours when I was younger), my parents are very anxious people.
My younger half sister was diagnosed with myoclonic epilepsy. We are very close and I have and still am taking it hard. She is fine and very strong about it.
November, after a few sleepless nights and stress at work one morning 2am I got twitches in my calf, being over tired I jumped to assumption this was my turn to get epilepsy. It had devoured my life for 8 weeks!

I went to my GP twice with a huge list of symptoms - twitches, shooting pains, brain zaps, tingling, head rush, tremors, spasms, headaches and chills. For him to say anxiety, he said I will always be anxious and there's a fuzzy line for reality and perception.
I am now starting to understand that this is health anxiety. My thoughts are still plagued every day, the googling has dropped less.
I was offered CBT (two weeks ago by GP), however, my symptoms have decreased.
Thank you for reading xx

venusbluejeans
26-01-16, 11:03
Hiya Sarahjane12 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: