PDA

View Full Version : Is it out my system yet?

sl1nky
26-01-16, 12:09
I had my first and last Citalopram tablet on the 22nd at 8:30pm(20mg), It's been about 87 hours, will it be out my system by now? Because i took a beta-blocker called Propranolol (20mg) and im freaking out that it's going to interact and cause me a seizure or something :ohmy:

Movielife
26-01-16, 12:35
Don't worry; you can take propranolol with it apparently, according to my GP.

I haven't personally, but you can, as long as they aren't huge doses.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

PS 20mg of Propanolol is low. I had 80+ at one point and it knocked me out...horrible.

sl1nky
26-01-16, 12:47
Don't worry; you can take propranolol with it apparently, according to my GP.

I haven't personally, but you can, as long as they aren't huge doses.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

PS 20mg of Propanolol is low. I had 80+ at one point and it knocked me out...horrible.

Thank you, i just got incontact with a pharmacist at the local pharmacy and she said the same thing, even though she was rather hard to understand lol

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

I'm still very much paranoid though haha

KeeKee
26-01-16, 16:52
I took Propranolol with Citalopram at one point it's very safe don't worry. I was on 20mg Cit and was taking 40mg Propranolol 2 x a day.
Movielife I suspect your Propranolol was slow release as the max dosage is 40mg or so my GP told me.

I freaked out when I took my first Propranolol ended up phoning the doctors but it was just my anxiety. I had an allergic reaction to Penicillin some years ago and now I hate taking new meds.

Jem21
26-01-16, 18:26
Hey KeeKee did you find the propranolol helped? I'm considering upping my dose and know my anxiety will get worse for a while and last time my doctor offered it I turned it down.

KeeKee
26-01-16, 18:42
Hi Jem21,
Yes the Propranolol helped with my anxiety the only downside is it made me very tired. I don't take it anymore as I decided to quit meds but on very very stressful occasions I still take one and it works for my physical anxiety.

Jem21
26-01-16, 18:44
Thanks KeeKee, I'm there tomorrow so I'll see if I can take that when I up my dose

sandie
26-01-16, 19:25
Jem 21 and others - I am currently taking Propanalol 3 x 40 mg daily. This is the second time I have taken it, the first being 10 years ago - I find it EXTREMELY helpful in dealing with anxiety.

It can be taken regularly (as I do) or just at those moments of extreme anxiety / panic, because it is quite fast acting.