PDA

View Full Version : my health anxiety problems

John_Daryl
26-01-16, 17:31
Ok so in the past 15 months iv totalled 4 extreme panic attacks, bouts with anxiety regarding brain tumours, heart attacks, skin cancer, bowel cancer and now im onto the thorat/ lung area. Iv had problems in the past but the last few months have been the worst iv ever been in my life.

Now im experiencing symptoms such as stomach pains, bloating, constantly aware of my heart beat, aware of my heart beat in my face and chest, feeling like i cant breath at times (only when I'm not pre occupied with work or something keeping my mind busy). Im experiencing hiccups/ random contractions in my throat although I'm not sure if this is down to IBS as it is at its worst after eating.

As you can imagine this is quite over whelming and its getting too much for me to handle, can anyone offer any reassurance?

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

Ok so iv just googled stomach cancer and now im fretting like mad wtf

Fishmanpa
26-01-16, 18:08
Why are you shooting yourself in the foot with a Google gun? You're the only one that can stop self inflicted wounds. Put the Google gun down!

Positive thoughts

LilGsMama
26-01-16, 18:58
Why are you shooting yourself in the foot with a Google gun? You're the only one that can stop self inflicted wounds. Put the Google gun down!

Positive thoughts

Google Gun :roflmao:

Dbaker
26-01-16, 19:11
john you sound just like me. I have extreme health anxieties that I am struggling with on a daily basis now. I am constantly think I'm dying and keep jumping from one thing to another. I have had a million test done to me which have always came back negative. I am coming to realize that my thoughts are strong and can cause very real physical symptoms. along with google these thoughts can be blown way out of proportion. try to stop and really challenge your thoughts when you start thinking about your health because your probably fie and just over thinking things.

LilGsMama
26-01-16, 19:14
It is hard. People tell me to distract myself, but it is so hard. I have focused on the same illness for 5 weeks now. I've had examinations, bloods, CT, MRI and am still freaking out. Have ENT apt next week. Since I started posting on here I've realised how I'm so, SO not alone with my anxieties. Am using it as a crutch to help me along. xx

John_Daryl
27-01-16, 11:35
I know it takes over your life, people notice there's something wrong and its difficult to explain what is going on mentally.

I don't even think its breathlessness that I'm experiencing, I'm just thinking I'm not taking in enough air, I'm not breathing faster or needing to breathe deeper or anything, so maybe its just a mental thing.

Everything is so much worse when you're alone too as you cannot speak about things logically with anyone. My girlfriend is quite good at calming me and this site is a life saver in many ways!

LilGsMama
27-01-16, 11:48
My husband isn't a worrier, and though he listens and calms me, he doesn't understand fully. We're just wired differently! x

John_Daryl
27-01-16, 15:47
I'm going to the doctors next week to try and get myself onto this CBT thing. Iv had enough of the anxiety side of things. Having actually gone through the symptoms of stomach cancer I found I have like 1 symptom, which also correlates with my IBS that iv been diagnosed with since I was 19 (5 years).

LilGsMama
27-01-16, 19:42
I'm going to the doctors next week to try and get myself onto this CBT thing. Iv had enough of the anxiety side of things. Having actually gone through the symptoms of stomach cancer I found I have like 1 symptom, which also correlates with my IBS that iv been diagnosed with since I was 19 (5 years).

Go for it. I had a 6 month course of CBT for HA 4 years ago and found it really effective.. Unfortunately I didn't keep on top of it and am now waiting to have it again. x

John_Daryl
27-01-16, 23:45
Right so my anxiety and breathlessness is definitely peaking at night time. Obviously my breathlessness is inducing panic and bringing on other symptoms resulting in a panic attack. This is so difficult to deal with but with how my doctors work there's no chance I can get a sooner appointment and I'm not sure how much longer I can last. Its taking over my life, my relationship, my happiness. I cant relax, cant enjoy myself and I cannot continue.