PDA

View Full Version : anxiety over a stranger

fluff
26-01-16, 19:46
Today I was outside cleaning my windows, I could see two males abit further down chatting anyway I carried on I normally go in as I just dont like people seeing me clean my windows ( not sure why its a silly reason of maybe they thimk I did a bad job of it)
Anyway one started walking towards me and put his hood up, he said a couple of sexual comments as he went by then kept looking back at me. I abandoned tje windows and went indoors shut thr door, went into my kitchen and he came bak looked at my door as he we past this all happened within a few seconds, it left me feeling quite upset as last night no idea why but three of my garden bricks have come off the wall and I know before the wal seemed abit wobberly. I stsrted having thoughts that someone maybe wanting to break im and is it this man. Do you think im over reacting? I still feeling anxious at any outside noises.

TalkTonight
26-01-16, 20:03
Hi fluff

I'm sorry you were subjected to the uglier side of mankind.

Whilst I can't speak with absolute certainly, I doubt very much that these hooded oiks were staking out your house. They sound more like immature boys than master thieves. If you notice them loitering you might want to make a mental note of their clothing and any distinguishing features, but my guess is you'll never see them again.

Of course, if they so much as set foot on your property, you need to report it immediately. Honestly, in your position I wouldn't be paying it any mind.

fluff
26-01-16, 20:14
Thankyou talktonight I needed some reasurance, I dont have much to steal its not like I live in a posh area I was just very conserned and I have a small boy asqell on my own so I get quite conserned about hoping I can protect us both from idiots!
Not helping its a windy night allsorts of noises going on outside :)

TalkTonight
26-01-16, 20:22
You're welcome fluff. It's not lip service. I do genuinely believe that you're safe. In the past, during times of stress, I quite often became unnecessarily anxious about my home being ransacked whilst I'm inside it. I slept with a knife by my bed for years I'm mildly embarrassed to confess. Nowadays, I don't think it's something that need worry me. Or your good self.

fluff
26-01-16, 20:31
Thankyou, oh did you I have my umbrella at hand incase. Its an awful thing to think of isnt it.

TalkTonight
26-01-16, 20:40
You could crouch behind your umbrella and pretend to be The Penguin. Any would be burglar would flee in terror.

fluff
26-01-16, 21:05
Yes I imagine that be true lol
Im still abit worried I dont want to bump into him again makes me feel abit conserned going out but I have to go out to do school run/ work etc. I wish people wouldnt say things the anxiety it causes, I also now feel like I should stand up for myself and have said p### off but at the time I felt that anxiety fear

TalkTonight
26-01-16, 21:13
I think you handled the situation perfectly fluff.

It's a sad commentary on modern society, but often it's wise to let these fools have their fun (within reason of course) and watch them drag their knuckles along their merry way. You're quite correct of course. You shouldn't have to endure abuse outside your own home or anywhere else for that matter. But some of the less evolved humans are more beast than man. If this individual addresses you again a polite but firm 'please don't talk to me' should suffice, though, as I said earlier, I doubt your paths will cross.

The world is full of idiots. All we can hope to do is avoid them wherever possible and not become one of their number.

fluff
26-01-16, 21:17
Thankyou for replying, I seemed to be letting this incident mess most of my day up its sort of spiralled today will try and sleep.

debs71
26-01-16, 23:19
What a horrible experience, fluff.

Blokes such as this REALLY annoy me. They haven't got the guts to directly make a crude comment to your face, so they do it upon passing and walking away. Totally chauvinistic, caveman losers and cowards, and certainly not worth any of your precious time worrying about, hun.

I am with TalkTonight on this. Why should you have to change your life and routine because of morons like this? I know it must have really worried you, but try if you can to not let them win, by making you feel you can't leave the house now. They are just stupid little boys who need to grow up.

I also agree that if they turn up again, hanging around your home, or step a toe anywhere near your front door, I would either call a friend for help or the police if need be, as that would be harrassment. xx:hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
27-01-16, 07:11
One of life's many morons. It's a pretty normal for a woman to feel threatened in such a circumstance and go indoors to get away from someone like that. It would be nice to always fight back but sometimes things just take you by surprise you don't know how to react. How could you have expected that?

Some guys just think it's "ard" to scare women, children, old people. Sad weirdos basically with nothing going on between the ears.

I wouldn't connect the dots and come up with the wrong picture. A cat can knock bricks off a wall, some drunks could fall on it, someone could slip & grab them pulling them off, etc. There are other possibilities so I wouldn't let it feed your anxiety about this situation. But if you have any problems, contact the police and let them deal with the idiot.

fluff
27-01-16, 11:06
Thankyou debs and Terry
I was able to sleep last night and felt better this morning still felt abit suspicious walking my son to school. Now about to leave for work.
I think your right Terry about the wall its been very windy aswell, and I know the wall has been abit wobberly, going to call the council to fix it possibly if they do that sort of thing.
Cant believe how anxious it all made me last night. Thanks to you all for your words of support x