PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!!

minny
23-09-04, 16:36
Hi everyone!

I am 36 and married with 3 lovely children. I moved from Wales to Derby a little over a year ago and I have been suffering with depression and panic attacks since. I also developed a dependency on alcohol but I am pleased to say I have not had a drink for 10 days now! I am also receiving support and the right medication from my gp.

For a long time I thought I was alone as I know of no one within my circle of family and friends who has experienced depression and/or panic attacks. Its for this reason that I congratulate you on this excellent site whilst heaving a huge sigh of relief!!

I hope to get to know you all better soon!:)

jill
23-09-04, 16:43
Hello Minny

Welcome to th site, lots of nice people her and lots of support.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Wishing you well

Look farward to hearing from you.

Take care

Jill :D:D:D

Karen
23-09-04, 17:38
Hi Minny

Welcome to the forum. You are definitely not alone, there are many of us here who suffer from depression and panic attacks.

Well done for not having a drink for 10 days.

Everyone on this site is so friendly.

Briary

seh1980
23-09-04, 17:43
hi there Minny,

Welcome to the site!! I'm sure you will find loads of help and support here.

Sarah :D

KW
23-09-04, 18:19
Hi Minny

Welcome to the site. Everyone is so helpful and friendly here, you'll find good advice!

KW

nomorepanic
23-09-04, 19:04
Hi Minny

Welcome aboard !

Sorry to hear that you are a fellow sufferer but we will help you all we can and make sure you get the best advice from all sorts of people.

Well done on the alcohol. I know that I must cut down and so sometimes rely on alcohol for the wrong reasons (like getting me to sleep). How is it going now you have stopped?

I hope we can help you so let us know if you need any advice.

Happy reading and posting.

Nicola

minny
23-09-04, 19:30
Thankyou for the warm welcome! It was as good as a hug! :D

Its hard to believe that there are so many sufferers out there!! If there is one thing Ive learned, its that depression can sometimes be a lonely illness. Ive also come to realise that the lonliness comes mainly from me not speaking out! I know now I have nothing to feel ashamed about.

Giving up alcohol was hard!! Im thinking "GIMME A LARGE GLASS OF RIOJA!!!" even as Im typing this! I hope one day I will be able to enjoy the odd glass socially simply because I adore the taste and not in order to numb my brain!

Ive been on medication (Fluoxetine) for 3 months now as well as seeing a councellor on a weekly basis but I have to say, reading your posts on this site has had a much more positive effect on me!! :D

Again... thankyou for making me welcome!

nomorepanic
23-09-04, 20:31
Minny

There are a lot of sufferers but we are only just finding each other on sites like mine.

You are free to say whatever you want here and you will always get support and advice that you can choose to accept or not.

I am so impressed on the alcohol thing - well done you!!

Give the counselling time - that will help so much too, so good luck with it.

We hope to hear more from you.

Nicola

sal
24-09-04, 00:02
Hi Minny

Well done you not having a drink for ten days. Admire you as without the red what would i do?????

Pleased you are getting support mate and your gp is helping you.

Must be hard with three children but you have taken control of your problems by addressing the fact that drink doesnt help. Wish and hope one day i can see that.

Well done you and look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Sal xxxxx

pips
24-09-04, 00:47
Hi Minny,

Just to say a warm welcome and well done on giving up the drink! I wish you the best of luck.

Hope this site helps you on the road to recovery! You are not alone anymore!

Take care

Love PIP'S XX