PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest thing that's worrying me

Savvy_Darling
26-01-16, 23:53
Have anyone on here dabbled in the natural deodorant making?
I made some about 3 monthes ago and it has baking soda, coconut oil, Shea butter & I added vitamin e oil as an extra. I loved this stuff! It was a yellow in color and hardenes when cool. I used a spoon to scoop some out and put on my armpits.

Well now my left pit has some discoloration. (I'll add pics or both left & right).
I just noticed this last week so I've stopped using it and I guess it has faded some but it's still there. Only the left pit! And I will say that when I used this deodorant I would put more on my left and kinda just everywhere not really nice and neat. The right pit didn't get as much or spread everywhere as much. My left pit is the one the smells worse (weird I know) so that's why I would put more on.

The bad thing is that when I looked up darkening of armpits all kind of things came up.. Some scary. For example
-tumor somewhere internally (rare)
- diabetes
(Less scary things)
- dead skin cells
- deodorant
- and some skin condition I forget the name of.

Now with the diabetes , I'm not overweight & it doesn't run in the family. Also my last blood test had glucose on it which isn't that what would say if you have a form of diabetes? Well mine was 93 which is well in the normal range.
So wouldn't it be safe to say I don't have that?

The whole possible tumor inside me is was totally scares me. Like I'm so freaked out about that being a possibility whether it's rare or not.

I keep assuring myself it has to be my homemade deodorant. I had read other people say similar things like darkening of the pits from baking soda deoderant but it's just my left one and all I can think is a tumor. (Of course the worst possible thing)

Ugh for some reason I can't upload both! So I just did the left. :weep: EDIT: posted the right armpit in a new thread! Check it out.

Looking for reasonable advice and reassurance & opinons. Baking soda or something horrible?

Shazamataz
27-01-16, 04:59
I'd say it's no big deal and may be from the home made deoderant?

You seem to be in a bad space worrying about so many health issues. Have you spoken to someone about it?

Savvy_Darling
27-01-16, 05:26
Hi Shaz, no I haven't talked to like a doctor or therapist . I'm afraid I'm going to get pills shoved down my throat. I'm extremely weird about pills and side effects. I don't even take birth control. I feel so stuck and the things I've been worried about are very real fears to me. I feel terrible when others say things that make me feel like my fears are stupid and I need help. My anxiety has never been this bad until August. I know I should just go to the doctors but it honestly terrifies me thinking about having tests. I imagine all the bad things that can happen and I'm not ready for actual bad news. I'm just scared /:

Shazamataz
27-01-16, 05:52
Hey Savvy,

I'm currently in a very bad place myself, not with the same issues, but I do somewhat understand the fear of meds and the fear of seeing a doctor.

I worry that you are getting yourself into a real state and it will get worse if you don't reach out for help?

I do not think your fears are stupid. They are very real fears for you (I have plenty of my own) and should be taken seriously. But, the only way to ease the fears is to take some action. Get looked at for the health concerns and then you can either find yourself reassured there is nothing wrong or find there is something but you can deal with that if it happens. Do you think you'd feel any more anxious than you do now if there WAS something wrong?

I am scared too as my anxiety has become way out of control and seems to have been made worse with medication. But I did manage to reach out today in the midst of all of my lying on the couch feeling sorry for myself and have a psychiatrist appointment on Monday, got it moved up from two weeks away.

This is a huge step for me as I had to be referred to our local mental health team and I work as a mental health support worker (for a separate agency) so today when I called I ended up talking to a social worker who I have worked professionally with at times for many years. I surprised myself by actually feeling happy it was him as he's a nice man and didn't judge.

Please reach out Savvy. What's the worst that can happen?

Hugs

MyNameIsTerry
27-01-16, 06:33
Hi Shaz, no I haven't talked to like a doctor or therapist . I'm afraid I'm going to get pills shoved down my throat. I'm extremely weird about pills and side effects. I don't even take birth control. I feel so stuck and the things I've been worried about are very real fears to me. I feel terrible when others say things that make me feel like my fears are stupid and I need help.

Savanna,

Please don't worry about being forced to take meds, if your medical system is like ours it won't be legally possible without sectioning and that's for people who truly need to managed out of a crisis and you don't sound like that type of person, just someone who is really struggling.

Many on here have issues with pills, meds or supplements. I had a big adrenaline rush working out after adding a supplement that was just too strong for me and then I got myself into such a state I couldn't take even things like vitamin C (the most harmless supplement there is!) or paracetamol. I even stopped taking my asthma meds and eventually had a mild asthma attack which forced the issue of starting these again and antidepressants for my anxiety.

So, don't think you are alone. People on here will support you. The more you read around, the more you will realise how common fear of meds is, and even fear of all meds not just antidepressants.

Your fears are real to YOU. That's all the matters. Anxiety is irrational by nature, it's not about an intensified level of fear for fearful situations. I have OCD and many of my fears & behaviours have been about everyday things that can't cause fear in anyone. I'm not in the least bit afraid of dying or cancer or any disease going yet I would be afraid of breaking the tiniest of routines in brushing my teeth or eating. How would my fears seem to people who don't think fears of cancer are valid? They would not understand them and maybe even laugh but the reality is, that just means they are ignorant to mental health issues.

Please have a chat with your doctor. Ask them about therapy. It doesn't have to be meds and really meds don't make you recover anyway, they only reduce the issues but the real recovery is done by the individual, whether they know it not. So, therapy can achieve the same but some people need both because they can't get past the fears and the therapy fails.

---------- Post added at 06:33 ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 ----------

Have anyone on here dabbled in the natural deodorant making?
I made some about 3 monthes ago and it has baking soda, coconut oil, Shea butter & I added vitamin e oil as an extra. I loved this stuff! It was a yellow in color and hardenes when cool. I used a spoon to scoop some out and put on my armpits.

Well now my left pit has some discoloration. (I'll add pics or both left & right).
I just noticed this last week so I've stopped using it and I guess it has faded some but it's still there. Only the left pit! And I will say that when I used this deodorant I would put more on my left and kinda just everywhere not really nice and neat. The right pit didn't get as much or spread everywhere as much. My left pit is the one the smells worse (weird I know) so that's why I would put more on.

The bad thing is that when I looked up darkening of armpits all kind of things came up.. Some scary. For example
-tumor somewhere internally (rare)
- diabetes
(Less scary things)
- dead skin cells
- deodorant
- and some skin condition I forget the name of.

Now with the diabetes , I'm not overweight & it doesn't run in the family. Also my last blood test had glucose on it which isn't that what would say if you have a form of diabetes? Well mine was 93 which is well in the normal range.
So wouldn't it be safe to say I don't have that?

The whole possible tumor inside me is was totally scares me. Like I'm so freaked out about that being a possibility whether it's rare or not.

I keep assuring myself it has to be my homemade deodorant. I had read other people say similar things like darkening of the pits from baking soda deoderant but it's just my left one and all I can think is a tumor. (Of course the worst possible thing)

Ugh for some reason I can't upload both! So I just did the left. :weep: EDIT: posted the right armpit in a new thread! Check it out.

Looking for reasonable advice and reassurance & opinons. Baking soda or something horrible?

I've just red bolded some key elements of your post.

Can you see why I've done that? Can you see what I see?

Someone who made deodorant with ingredients known to cause this same skin discolouration, that has a left armpit that smells more so puts more on that one and now has discolouration of ONLY the armpit that has had more treatment BUT also has seen the discolouration fade.