PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

senalarose
27-01-16, 11:48
Been getting headaches constant in the front of my head. By the temples and the whole front half of my head. Hurts alot and seems near constant. I had a mri with no contrast in october and one in august with no contrast. Should I request a mri with contrast or am I ok, can it be a tumour? I had a tbi 5 years back. Also get hot flashes daily too

.Poppy.
27-01-16, 16:10
Did your doc give you any advice on what to do about the headaches?

It sounds like a tension headache to me. I've gotten them ONCE and it lasted for days. It really scared me because I normally only get very specific migraines - right above my eyes - and this was all around the perimeter of my head. My doc eventually confirmed tension headaches and advised aleve which eventually helped.

I'm sorry you have to deal with it, it's not a fun headache. I actually preferred migraines!

senalarose
30-01-16, 12:30
ye I keep getting hot flashes and sweats my cbc was fine so is there any other tests I should ask for?

NessMonster
30-01-16, 16:41
They do sound a lot like tension headaches. I also get pain across the front of my head and at times it feels as though my temples are being squeezed. Have you found anything that helps alleviate them?

I often find that mine are worse when I'm particularly anxious as I'm more aware of the pain, also if I'm dehydrated or tired.

You could ask for another MRI with contrast but would the outcome really put your mind at ease or would you need another a few months down the line to reassure you again? I think if it was a tumour you would be having a wider range of neurological problems. Have a chat with your doctor and ask for his advice but more than that, ask him to go through the rational for why he has come to that decision. My GP is really useful because whenever I go to him, he talks me through what he's thinking, what he's checking and why. It does help.

senalarose
31-01-16, 19:12
I also read that contrast mri or no contrast, the tumour would have been seen if there was one. I had 2 mri's last year and was told they were identical to the one I had in the past. He hasnt use the contrast because that can have side effects