PDA

View Full Version : Visual Disturbance

Pigeon
27-01-16, 17:09
Hi

I had a strange experience yesterday. I was talking to a colleague at work and noticed a bright zig-zag shaped light at one side of my vision. At first I thought it was some kind of reflection from the vertical and horizontal blinds at the side of me - the sun was shining through and I thought it had dazzled me a bit

But after I returned to my desk, it continued and I noticed that the area inside the zig zags was fragmented and as if I was looking through water. It only lasted around five minutes but it was really weird. Afterwards I felt really tired and weary right up until the evening.

Had I been someone who had suffered from migraines, I wouldn't have been worried as it seemed to fit in with how I've heard them described. But I've never had a migraine in my life. In fact I don't even get ordinary headaches all that often.

Someone told me about something called retinal migraine (they don't always include headaches) bu it seems odd that I have got this out of the blue with no previous history of migraine - especially at my age (I'm 58).

You know what's coming next - I am starting to think about brain tumours. :ohmy:

WorryWortAgain
27-01-16, 19:32
I get them. It's an aura migraine. I get the aura for 10-20 minutes and then afterwards I feel tired. Occasionally I might get a dull headache but not often. I've been getting them for 18 years. I think they are hormone related for me. The very first time I got one they did do a CT scan and an EEG just to rule other stuff out but everything was clear. I wouldn't be worried about it but if you want peace of mind then ask your doctor what he/she thinks. Maybe they'll send you for some tests so you don't have to worry about it.

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

https://migraine.com/migraine-aura/migraine-aura-without-pain/