PDA

View Full Version : Strange episodes of panic ?

tony5496
27-01-16, 17:30
Hi I've got a question to ask I've been suffering from panic attacks for many years but lately they have seem to have got a lot better in the way of not going full blown panic. but what I am experiencing I'll be sitting reading or resting and all of a sudden my mind goes blank my vision goes blurry it's utter panic for about A minute or two then passes but it's not like a full-blown panic when my heart would speed up. it's a really strange sensation it goes as quick as it comes. It almost feels like I'm floating it's a very weird feeling but it just comes on like a bolt out of the blue or is it just another part of the panic ? At least when I was having full-blown panic attacks I would feel them coming on but with these They come on so quick and go very quick just wondering whether panic can strike for such a short time as has never experienced this before.

ana
27-01-16, 19:22
Hi Tony,
I've experienced what you've described in your thread. I've found that panic attacks change in their duration, intensity, and accompanying symptoms as time goes by. I also get these 'quick' attacks that don't develop into full-blown ones. Recently, my panic has been manifesting itself as depersonalisation, which sounds a bit like your 'floating' sensation.

tony5496
27-01-16, 20:54
Yes think you are right they can change I just can't believe how sudden they come on. today was sitting in the car reading the newspaper Nice and calm and all of a sudden felt very strange not quite with it could not focus on anything and it was just utter panic without all the body sensations when I'm anxious my eyesight gets a bit blurry but this came on instantly and I could not see properly. just can't believe how quick it comes on then I was back to normal within five minutes thinking my god what was all that about.

ana
28-01-16, 08:46
I get that, too! I'd be nice, calm, and relaxed (or at least think I was) when all of a sudden, a quick (but powerful) wave of panic would flow through me and leave me wondering that that was all about, like you said. My panic attacks are usually mental only, meaning they aren't accompanied by physical sensations, which may appear odd, but it is what it is.

Hey, it's better that they go away quickly, right? :D

GingerFish
28-01-16, 15:35
that's pretty much how my panic attacks are now - a sudden rush out of nowhere of either mental symptoms and/or physical symptoms and they can last anywhere from a few seconds or a minute and then they go away with no lasting effects unlike how my old attacks used to be. I still get the big attacks maybe once a month whereas because it used to be giant panics every day almost so these 'quiet' ones are a lot better to deal with and don't hold me back at all.

tony5496
28-01-16, 20:29
Yes it's funny how they can change course I've have only ever experienced the symptoms together but never on there own with just the mental symptoms can happen like a blink of an eye. but go just as quick on the plus side I Think things are starting to slow up. I don't know about anybody else but I was getting very bad palpitations every day I think they were worse than the panic attacks they would stop me in my tracks very unpleasant these are new to me never had them before I just suppose they are part of the adrenaline when it's running round the body.

ana
29-01-16, 14:12
I suppose it is because of the adrenaline. Personally, I've never experienced palpitations, but my heart has been known to skip a few beats in the past.

AnnaZV
30-01-16, 00:10
Hello everyone! How long after suffering from the full blown physical panic attacks did the intensity, duration etc., subside and become easier to deal with?

Ditapage
30-01-16, 05:02
I have way more short episodes of panic or just lingering anxiety than full blown attacks. mostly I will get a feeling like a head rush or a sudden feeling of not being there. But if I'm honest with myself I am usually either not breathing correctly, my posture is bad, or I am overthinking something stressful/out of my control when these manifestations occur. Not sure I know what complete relaxation even is anymore.

ana
30-01-16, 08:16
Anna, it depends on the person as I doubt that there is a universal time frame for full blown panic attacks duration. For me, after 5 years into this lovely journey, my anxiety reduced significantly, and I found myself being able to do things I couldn't do before.
However, 3 years later, my anxiety worsened again, and I was back to feeling trapped and desperate. For the past 3 months, though, my panic has been non-existent and my anxiety levels quite low.

You'll have good times and bad times, which means nothing other than you need to examine those good times and figure out what it was that made you feel better, and try and recreate those situation/feelings/circumstances when you're going through a bad time.

---------- Post added at 09:16 ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 ----------

I have way more short episodes of panic or just lingering anxiety than full blown attacks. mostly I will get a feeling like a head rush or a sudden feeling of not being there. But if I'm honest with myself I am usually either not breathing correctly, my posture is bad, or I am overthinking something stressful/out of my control when these manifestations occur. Not sure I know what complete relaxation even is anymore.

It sounds like you're able to recognise your triggers for panic. Complete relaxation is overrated - just do what you can to lover your anxiety levels. :)