PDA

View Full Version : Night Sweats

NotCool
27-01-16, 17:48
Hello.

Old hypochondriac here. Right now "celebrating" almost 2nd anniversary of visiting this forum, which I needed more or less in different times of my health anxiety era.

I need it again.

Last night I went to bed at around 4:00AM (was watching a movie that I couldn't stop watching), and not 1 hour after I have fallen asleep, I woke up, kind of delirious (in the state between being awake and being asleep) and sweaty, especially around my head, but I felt it on other parts of my body.

So I lay in bed, and awaited until I fall asleep again. It happened, and 30 minutes later, I wake up again, sweaty. At this point all my accumulated knowledge that I gained while furiously browsing symptoms of different cancers over my health anxiety career, was flowing in my mind, with special focus on one word: LYMPHOMA, it HAS to be lymphoma or some other form of cancer, especially blood cancer.

I've had quite a stressful day before that (unrelated issues), but waking up sweaty is never a good sign.

So, I ask anyone who has had any experience with night sweats, to share it, or maybe some information on how cancer night sweats differ from the "anxiety" ones.

Thanks and I appreciate any replies.

WorryWortAgain
27-01-16, 19:22
From what I was told, because my brother has lymphoma, night sweats that are related to cancer are DRENCHING night sweats. Like the bed is wet, your clothes are wet, etc.

Christina87
27-01-16, 19:31
My boss quit drinking, he had night sweats for a week afterwards.