PDA

View Full Version : Head CT Scan Result.....!!

Vigilante
27-01-16, 18:14
After 3 years of worrying about a brain tumour with the following symptoms,

headaches
dizziness
sweating
twitching
pins and needles
burning sensations
visual disturbances including double vision, halos, starbursts, flashes, hazy vision.

and my latest symptom racing, jumbled up thoughts that have no sense at all.

I payed private for a CT Head scan, no abnomalities found, no tumors, no spots, no nothing!

Feel like Ive been hit by a bus!!

Njoy704
27-01-16, 18:28
Have you had a head mri? I think those are better at looking at the brain. But you should feel relieved they didn't find anything. I know it's hard to not have answers though to your symptoms.

Fishmanpa
27-01-16, 18:48
After 3 years of worrying about a brain tumour with the following symptoms,

headaches
dizziness
sweating
twitching
pins and needles
burning sensations
visual disturbances including double vision, halos, starbursts, flashes, hazy vision.

and my latest symptom racing, jumbled up thoughts that have no sense at all.

I payed private for a CT Head scan, no abnomalities found, no tumors, no spots, no nothing!

Feel like Ive been hit by a bus!!

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I hope it's good because you should be jumping for joy! Now you know with certainty this is anxiety related (all those are anxiety symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms)) and can proceed in treating it!

Positive thoughts

LilGsMama
27-01-16, 19:36
Thank goodness for my recent CT & MRI.. Racing, jumbled up thoughts are my speciality! :roflmao:

Good news though :yesyes:

Vigilante
27-01-16, 19:36
Thank you Fishmanpa, I realize now that for me to have a brain tumor with a clear head ct, no raised icp is like 1 in a million chance, I was 99.999999% or even 100% certain I would be told I had abnormal scan and would need further tests.

My Dr wants to see me Friday afternoon to talk things over fully his words "I cannot go on like this" "they have my best interests at heart and I should listen to them"

Leslie735
27-01-16, 22:59
YAY!

andysa
28-01-16, 04:36
have you ever had your thyroid levels checked?

Shazamataz
28-01-16, 04:52
That's great news! All of those symptoms you mention are also symptoms of anxiety. It's hard, though, having all these symptoms and being convinced there is something badly physically wrong. I spent months thinking I had MS and still only halof believe I don't after getting tests a year ago. But all the numbness/tingling/weakness etc can be caused by anxiety AND by anti-anxiety medications.

My other suggestion would be to check your B12. In my research a lack of it presents with similar symptoms to yours (and mine). My B12 was low(ish) and I've started treatment with that though to be honest I'm not sure it helped. That said I've also been trialling different anxiety meds at the same time with little success.