PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness whilst seated and feeling of my head being squeezed

Anxiousgirl23
27-01-16, 19:03
Hi slope everyone is feeling good as they can be.
I've got this weird dizziness feeling when I walk I feel like I'm going to topple over and feel like I'm walking slanted. So weird I know lol!!
Also I get dizziness while I'm sat down epically whilst I am at work. I sit down for long periods and I feel like I'm going to fall off my chair it's ridiculous. I also keep getting a really scary symptom of my head being tightly squeezed? I can feel my heart doing something weird as well at the same time. Is this some serious heart condition? It's scary me. When I'm talking I feel out of breath, y heart makes a funny squeeze which does into my head and feel like I'm going to faint. It's freaking me out. Please someone tell me they can relate.
Mx

lilann1012
27-01-16, 19:55
Ive had those symptoms before. I got all checked out and it's anxiety related. I hate feeling like I'm walking sideways and that dizzy feeling on a chair is no fun. Sometimes I have it when I don't feel anxious too. Usually it hits me when I'm in a store, go figure. Lol.

My best advice is to remind your self it's part of anxiety and you'll be ok. For me the feeling passes quickly. I try and not dwell on it too much. Adrenaline is the culprit for me I think. I get heart palpitations too. My Dr. told me some people are very sensitive to adrenaline and it effects balance, heart etc. I actually went to a heart Doctor, he was a big help.

I hope this helps you!

Anxiousgirl23
27-01-16, 20:57
Hi Lillian thank you for your reply. It's good to hear somebody else has gone through the same thing. Hopefully this will pass and I can lead a normals life x

kdf123
27-01-16, 22:47
I have had this on and off for over 8 years ,it's horrible .but once you accept that it is anxiety(very difficult) it does fade , try and carry on as normal and keep busy ,this works for me . Take care

Shazamataz
28-01-16, 01:37
Yes to all of those.

The head squeezing feeling is a recent anxiety symptom for me and the first time it happened I was driving and thought I was having a stroke. Scared the crap out of me. 3 months later I'm still having a lot of anxiety around driving in case it happens again.

jenni89
28-01-16, 02:51
My head squeezing feels like my head is just filling with blood or like a rush. I sometimes get the same feeling in my chest. I guess it's some sort of adrenaline rush. It freaks me out because I think i may faint or something. I think I notice my hearing kinda diminishes while the head squeezing is happening but I don't know if I am over thinking it. This is fairly new for me too and it scares the daylights out of me :(