PDA

View Full Version : Does having to go raise BP?

PlantsForHire
27-01-16, 22:45
Sounds gross but... does having to poo/pee raise your BP? I'm genuinely curious and I thought I heard this before but of course I refrain from googling anything health related.

Sorry if this grossed you out! :blush:

Fishmanpa
27-01-16, 23:48
Nope... in fact, elimination tends to actually lower your BP from what I understand. Think of how good it feels when your done ;)

I am curious though... what thought process led you to question or be concerned with this?

Positive thoughts

PlantsForHire
28-01-16, 01:01
Nope... in fact, elimination tends to actually lower your BP from what I understand. Think of how good it feels when your done ;)

I am curious though... what thought process led you to question or be concerned with this?

Positive thoughts

Ha... I had to go really bad and for some reason I thought of it. An anxious brain produces some weird thoughts...

I did mean before the fact that you had to go. Like if your bladder is full of pee or your bowels full of poop does it raise your bp?

Shazamataz
28-01-16, 01:44
Actually, when I need to poop sometimes I feel my heart rate goes up. I have Crohn's so pooping is more complicated for me than some people. Maybe the blood pressure does go up? If so, it's probably completely normal.

Fishmanpa
28-01-16, 03:48
Physiologically, pushing to eliminate waste could technically increase your BP but not to the point of anything sinister.

You didn't answer my question... what is your thought process that leads you to believe this is sinister in any way?

Positive thoughts and poo threads

jobber
28-01-16, 14:32
If you mean before you go, yes.

If you take your BP with a full bladder, your BP can be slightly higher than usual.

Mindknot
28-01-16, 16:02
I would logically deduce that it would because if you are busting, your muscles will be working harder to hold it in until you get to the toilet & therefore need more blood to do said work...

Also, if you have to run to get to the toilet, your BP is probably up a bit then too :D

I would say the difference must be fairly negligible though, and likely only noticeable if you were monitoring it.