PDA

View Full Version : Risperidone anyone?

Tims
28-01-16, 06:04
Hi everyone
So went to see my doc last night and he has prescribed risperidone/risperdal 1mg daily. Apparently it's slightly similar to the likes of olanzapine and seroquel but with less sedation, at least so he tells me. This is meant to be an add on to the venlafaxine I'm already on. I really wanted to get anyone knowledge or experience of this risperidone stuff, there doesn't seem to be much stuff on this site about it.
Thank you
Tims

nicola1980
28-01-16, 06:18
Did he say why he's prescribed that rather than olanz? As far as I'm aware it's still an anti physcotic but I don't think it's as effective or potent as olanz? I don't find olanz sedating, I take 2.5mg in the morning along with my ven as I feel it benefits me more taking in the day rather than night.

Tims
28-01-16, 08:31
Hi Nicola
Thanks once again for you're reply. I did mention to him I couldn't afford to be over sedated because of work, I did suggest olanzapine to him but he said there was risk of weight gain, I told him surely that's the case with most these meds but he insisted I try the resperidone 1mg for a month and then go back see him. I too wanted something to take in the day rather than night, that's when he changed his mind from originally prescribing seroquel.
Il go to the chemist and try them out, see how it goes, all I can do really.
Take care
Tims :)