PDA

View Full Version : Accepting Anxiety Symptoms (Help Please)

TheChangingMan
28-01-16, 15:11
So, First and foremost, I would like to thank all members of NMP who have provided me with excellent advice, In particular Nicola (Admin) for her exceptional work and user SuperWorrier who has been like a rock to me..

So here it goes...

Here is a link to the previous thread i made just to give a background to what has been going on.. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=178199

As you guys can see, My symptoms are so realistic its like i cant accept its Anxiety/Stress related.. Its been a month since then so i will provide an update on how things are..

Early 2016 i went to see my GP to get my final blood results (Biochemistry, Cholesterol)

All came back fine, So with my Symptoms, She has referred me to the NHS's Mental Health Service, Citing that my symptoms are of Stress/Anxiety Causes

Now, I have suffered with G.A.D and Depression for 8 years, And personally i believe i know when i am suffering an anxiety attack/ panic attack. after so many symptoms i can deal with this alright...

But these new symptoms are driving me crazy! The Ache's in my left chest are constantly there, along with the ankle pain and heavy dull ache in my left arm :/

Im finding it hard to accept that Anxiety has caused these symptoms after battling with the illness so long and managing it. Ive got it in my head that its something physical :( Ive had all the tests, (Bloods, ECG's) and they have came back with no answers (And im overjoyed in a way as it shows im healthy to a certain extent i guess)

Any other guys here got any advice for me please? Im at wits end dealing with this. I work quite long hours but my job aint strenuous.. I sit alot of the day at a desk.. Its hard to accept this is Anxiety related. Especially the chest pain.

I am a heartburn sufferer, and this is the crazy thing.. When i push my stomach out the chest pain becomes more intense :/ Im a big lad, got a big belly LOL! I need to stop pushing this stomach out but when im breathing yano.. it cant be helped :/

Maybe my GP is right, She is a professional afterall.. But i can't accept this is anxiety related, :(

If you have the time, could any of you guys read my previous thread too, just to give you an insight to my Symptoms

26 Year Old Male Btw

Any help or advice is extremely grateful to me...

Many Thanks

Dave x

Fishmanpa
28-01-16, 15:42
Hi Dave,

I replied to your previous thread. Getting the referral from your GP is the right step as well as the next step in getting to the bottom of your symptoms. As you've said, medical professionals and scientific tests have shown no physical issues.

Ask yourself when you doubt this is anxiety related... What is the subject of the forum you're posting on? Despite what you say, somewhere deep down you have to know this is anxiety, even subconsciously. After all, you've been dealing with it for 8 years. Anxiety can and does manifest itself in new and different ways physically and I believe you know this too. Follow up on the referral, get some help, think about getting some exercise and losing the belly as well. The better you feel physically, the better you'll feel mentally.

Positive thoughts

TheChangingMan
28-01-16, 16:02
Thanks so much for your reply Fishmanpa! :) Greatly Appreciated

Thats my exact thought.. deep down, could it be anxiety? It just feels so different from my previous anxiety symptoms ive had what are chest related.. Knocks me a little sick..

I think increasing my fitness could help, im willing to try anything to try and combat this, its taking an absolute toll on myself, very severe symptoms :(

Thankyou for your reply, i really appreciate it buddy :)

Dave