PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for MRI results

Trevstan
28-01-16, 15:21
Hi all been awhile since I have been here.

Last few days my anxiety levels have increased due to waiting for my MRI results.

I had a MRI head scan on the 2/12/15 due to my right hand/arm not functioning right (The Physiotherapist I see thinks it is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy due to me breaking a finger but refereed me for tests to be thorough) and been waiting for the results since I rang up the neurology secretary on the 19/1/16 after waiting nearly 7 weeks and said they were there but they had not drafted a letter.

So today I rang to ask about the results and said the letter had been sent out the 22/1/16 and to ring Monday if my letter hasn't arrived by then so they can resend it.

The secretary said that she can't give the results over the phone :weep: .

All I am wondering is if they was any thing serious surely they would have informed me about them sooner? Instead of waiting 8 weeks?

Thanks for reading.

citygirl1
28-01-16, 15:29
I waited about the same time for MRI results, got the exact same info about not giving results over the phone which made me panic more. Results were fine. I'm sure you'll be fine. If its anything major they usually get in touch sooner than 2 months.

LilGsMama
28-01-16, 16:01
2 months is a bit excessive! I would have thought they would have let you know sooner if you needed immediate treatment though! x