PDA

View Full Version : gagging with tickly cough

anxiouscat
28-01-16, 23:35
Over the Christmas holiday I had a really bad virus thingy (which I only really got over it last week, had it for over a month!) and had a bad cough with it. on a few occasions I would get a really tickly throat and start gagging because my throat would get tight like it does when I have a panic attack and then start panicking thinking the tickle is never going to go. I have a fear of being sick, especially in public and on Boxing day we went to my boyfriends's dad's house and I was fine most of the day but as we were about to leave I had the horrible tickle and ran to the bathroom and started gagging and panicking. I felt so stupid as loads of people were round :(

well, I'm ill again with another cold (no way near as bad as last time) and was up town with my boyfriend yesterday and had been fine all day then suddenly the tickly feeling comes out of no where and I start gagging while trying not to cough and there were a few people about and I just stood there crying and gagging while my boyfriend was trying to calm me down after a few mins I was fine. I'm just sitting here waiting for it to happen again and worried about eating or going out on my own in case it happens and I throw up :(

I'm normally good at calming myself down with panic attacks but really struggle when it comes to coughing fits and making my throat tight. I hate getting coughs so much!