PDA

View Full Version : You're not the only one

whateverittakes
29-01-16, 05:01
Hello folks. I'm a 39 year old male from the state of Texas. I recently made detective and I've have had anxiety and every stinking symptom that goes along with it since I was 18. Somedays are awesome, some days are not, but here lately with a new job, baby, life, and new town, I find myself back in a little slump and onset of expected stress anxiety. To those who are new to this. It gets better, it's not the end of the world, you're not going to die even when it seems so real. Remember to exercise, limit caffeine and nicotine and think POSITIVE. The more you tell yourself you're going to be ok, the more you'll believe it. Good luck. If you have any questions I'm here during the evenings usually.
:yesyes:

venusbluejeans
29-01-16, 05:06
Hiya whateverittakes and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
29-01-16, 07:22
Welcome to NMP :welcome:

Congratulations on your promotion too. You certainly like pressure with anxiety, your career and a baby! It's not surprising that the anxiety rears it's head as the pressure builds but with all that you have been through I would imagine you have a lot of inner strength & fortitude and will some find yourself back out of the slump again.

whateverittakes
30-01-16, 01:19
Thanks Terry and Venus. It's definitely weird and frightening having to learn all my coping and coaching skills again, but I try to remain positive. I'm on wellbutrin now, so hopefully this will suffice. Y'all have a good one and holler anytime.