PDA

View Full Version : crap couple of weeks

gregcool
29-01-16, 09:07
Had some good days from begining december through out..but last couple of weeks have not been great..waking each day feeling anxious again and dull through my day with depresion..i thought i was on the road to recovery in december but i seem to have fallen back to the old depressed me again..cant relax or concentrate on things and constantly roomanating over things...

Em.ma
29-01-16, 14:53
I know how you feel
Since the start of December have felt increasingly unhappy/scared all the time. I can't relax as my legs start jumping like I'm doing jumping jacks. It's horrible.
Hope you feel better soon
It will get better. Hope your ok x

the_anxious_mind
29-01-16, 14:59
I did the same thing! We had an unseasonable December and the holidays are just stressful anyway!

MyNameIsTerry
30-01-16, 04:50
Who says you aren't on the road to recovery, Greg?

Remember, you have:

- dropped your med several times when before just trying once made you panic.
- got into your charity work.
- done so many good things with your daughter.
- changed your attitude in how you post on here to a more positive one in general which some of us have pointed out to you and you have acknowledged.

The road to recovery is a bumpy one. Blips don't just come in hours or days, they come in longer sessions too. To be honest, January is a depressing month for a lot of people. It got to me last year and it's got to me again this year. To be honest, a lot of people without mental health issues thing January is a crap month. I did before all this, it was just loads of rushing, waiting longer for payday and all the good cheer of December gets replacing with long faces.

gregcool
01-02-16, 09:33
Thanks guys.and i inderstand terry you are rights.its just frustrating because i was doing so well and then last couple of weeks iv sliped back to where i was a couple of months ago...tired not sleeping well and high anxiety each day and night and that foggy heavy head feeling..im trying to remind myself how good things were for me but just cant seem to brush off this low mood and anxiety...i hope it passes soon

Annie0904
01-02-16, 13:10
January is the most depressing month of the year. I am having a little blip myself at the moment. Hope we get some good weather to cheer us all up soon.

gregcool
01-02-16, 15:56
Hi annie.lovley to hear from you..long time ..sounds like we in the same bot then with the blip..how have things been for you annie other than this blip

Annie0904
01-02-16, 17:48
I have been doing really well Greg, Even came off all my medication but then I have had a little health scare (I have written a post about it). I am sure it is nothing to worry about but the doctor telling me he was fast tracking me to hospital for tests was enough to trigger the anxiety!

gregcool
01-02-16, 22:38
Sorry to hear that annie but good to hear you are off your meds and was doing well nice to hear from you after a long time.ill have a read of your post

MyNameIsTerry
02-02-16, 04:55
Think of it as a long term recovery though, Greg. At first the blips can mean they are harsh but the more you spend time recovering the more this will change.

Every blip I had for the first year or two was bad. It wasn't quite as bad but it felt like the end of the world again to me. The more I got through that the more I saw that, whilst it was still very unpleasant, I wasn't the paralysed mess I was before as I was still doing many things I couldn't (even though I hated every second of them...I could easily have retreated but didn't).

Frustration is normal. You will come out of this blip, look back at it and think how it wasn't as bad as you really thought. Learning to tackle blips takes time.

Elen
02-02-16, 09:40
Thanks guys.and i inderstand terry you are rights.its just frustrating because i was doing so well and then last couple of weeks iv sliped back to where i was a couple of months ago...tired not sleeping well and high anxiety each day and night and that foggy heavy head feeling..im trying to remind myself how good things were for me but just cant seem to brush off this low mood and anxiety...i hope it passes soon

As Terry said sounds like a blip. Believe me when I say from where I am standing you are still doing so well. Don't underestimate how far you have come.

Judging by what you have been through in the past, you will get over it.

Best wishes x

gregcool
02-02-16, 10:15
Thanks elen..apreciate that possitive advice..yes i have had a lot on my plate over the last three years and still have a ongoing isue in my life that is causing a lot of stress,its always at the back of my mind and sometimes comes to the front of my mind and haunts me..not sure if it can be resolved so always have it with me...