PDA

View Full Version : Back after so long, more diagnoses

Help1989
29-01-16, 12:27
I haven't posted or been here for months now. I'd got a hold of my anxiety. Been having cbt and my therapist said she doesn't think I suffer too badly with health anxiety because I do have a lot of real health problems that have been diagnosed over the past few years. That's where my problem is though.. I thought my bowel problems (tmi sorry) were to do with my endometriosis and o could deal with all the pain and problems that came with it. I wasn't anxious or scared. Now after an Mri my gynae says that he doesn't think my problems are anything to do with the endometriosis and that I need more bowel tests. I'm going for a colonoscopy in 3 weeks. I'm back to being petrified now and thinking the worst.. I'm not scared of the procedure cos I had one done around 2 years ago (I'm only in my 20s!!) but of what they might find. I've got all weird symptoms like pain and full feeling in my bum (sorry!!) and a host of other stuff. These are newish (wasn't happening when I had last colonoscopy) so in scared there's a tumour or something there. I can't eat, can't sleep, the pain in my lower back is getting worse. I hate this feeling. I know my fears are quite valid but I wish I could think of a way around freaking out so much. What else could it be other than a death sentence?? I just feel for someone with quite a few health issues I've been dealing with it all quite well but it's the unknown that freaks me out!! I've just come on here for a rant cos I can't go back to tormenting my family with my worries like I used to, it's not fair on them! Had anyone got any advice??

nirvanainchains
29-01-16, 12:44
While reading the last line, tears fell from my eyes. I can completely relate about we sufferers don’t want our loved ones to worry again and give them problems. Especially on my part since we belong to a working/poor class of family in a poor country where health care system is costly. I have some discomfort on my abdomen/digestive system too, been diagnosed with IBS and Gastritis last year but I find it hard to believe since only blood test and urine test,and poop test was the only tests that has been done,(I would like colonoscopy, abdomen xray and tumor blood test but it would ripped our family budget).