PDA

View Full Version : Can't get over this latest attack....

glassgirlw
29-01-16, 16:59
Hi...this is my first post here. Found you by Googling....which I am making a concerted effort now to stay away from.

I have had panic attacks since I was 17. Started when I got off methamphetamines. I am now 36 and have been clean ever since. No real anxiety over the last few years until the last few months. In March I went to the ER for extreme vertigo. Did EKG. All was normal. Since then I am uber focused on my body and New feelings. Honestly got sick of it so I went to my GP on Tuesday and they prescibed me escitopram. Took one pill Tuesday and it calmed the anxiety immediately. Maybe placebo effect....don't know for sure. By Wednesday I had some minor side effects. Light nausea, diarrhea, and a tightening of the skin by my collarbone. All these could have and probably were caused by my fear of taking any kind of meds. But, it scared me so I called my GP for their opinion and they told me to stop the med and come see them the following morning. That sent me into the worst attack I have ever had, like immediately. I knew they thought something more serious was wrong with me...even though they did not tell me to go to ER, they told me to wait till morning. I couldn't get the rational side of my brain to override the panic I immediately felt. Stomach dropped, chest got tight, butterflies started, couldn't sit still, heart racing. And it came in waves. 3 hours of solid panic. Finally calmed down and went back to doc Thursday. They listened to my heart and lungs again and prescribed me Zoloft. I am scared to death to fill the script. So all day yesterday and today I am just flat worn out. No energy, nausea, diarrhea, keep catching myself tensing my jaw and chest wall muscles, light dizziness, no appetite, etc. I also feel sick with stuffy head, thick throat, dry cough. This is the second day now I've missed work due to this. Would love tips and tricks from those that have been there on how to regain energy and move on from a severe attack. Thanks for reading.

Amanda