PDA

View Full Version : An update on me (and maybe hugs needed)

Annie0904
30-01-16, 12:24
I haven't been on for a while and I have been doing really well. Finally came off all my medication. Just as I get picked up something else comes along to knock me down. I am 4 years post menopause and last week had a little bleed. I went to the doctors on Thursday as it is advised for post menopause women. I have been fast tracked for hospital tests (9th Feb).

I was told that 90% women who are referred are fine but this has really triggered my anxiety again and I am starting to take meds again. I know it is probably something really simple but of course the anxiety says "What if it is worse"
I woke up this morning and was very anxious and crying but I had 2 choices 1) Stay in bed and cry all day 2) get up and make the most of it. I have chosen the latter. I feel totally drained and can't wait for the 9th to be over (even though I will still need to wait for results).

Just really need to vent and share this morning.

Arietis
30-01-16, 12:32
*hugs* My ex boyfriends mother had similar a few years ago, she was fast tracked and it turned out to be some harmless polyps on her ovaries. She had them removed during a day surgery appointment and was home that same evening :) She was fine xx

Annie0904
30-01-16, 12:35
Thank you Arietis, I have had polyps previously so trying to tell myself that is what it will be. I feel so positive one minute then get a wave of anxiety over me.

helenclaire
30-01-16, 13:04
Hi,
I have had something similar in the past with bleeding and pain after the menopause and it turned out it was just dryness causing it.
You are bound to worry its only natural when our bodies do things they shouldn't but I just wanted to let you know there are plenty of other reasons for these things its not always something sinister and can be easily treated.
:hugs::hugs:

Annie0904
30-01-16, 13:07
Thank you Helenclaire. I guess since I am otherwise quite healthy apart from ibs then I shouldn't be too worried. I guess it is more the anxiety of going to hospital which is a big thing for me and disruption to my routine.

Lilac58
30-01-16, 13:58
Glad you have been doing so well :)
You have done exactly the right thing. I know from my work that PMB is much much more likely to be from a benign condition.
It's still something that I'm experiencing and ignoring.
Best wishes for you appointment.

Elen
30-01-16, 14:07
Annie I would be amazed if someone in this position wasn't anxious about it all.

Be fair to yourself hun, this is a scary time and anxiety is the totally normal response.

You will handle it.

Keep us updated, we have missed you.

Hope that making the most of your day is going ok.

Annie0904
30-01-16, 15:18
Thank you lilac and Elen. My gp said that even someone who is not usually anxious would be in the circumstances. I managed to do a little food shop and a load of ironing. I feel a bit numb and emotionless at the moment but I took a chlordiaxipoxide to calm me down so I guess that is why.

Magic
30-01-16, 15:35
:hugs::hugs::hugs:Annie, My sister-in-law had the same thing as Arietis ex relation. She had some sort of small op and all went well.
I can understand your anxiety though. Try to stay calm Annie.
Your meds will help you.x

Annie0904
30-01-16, 15:46
Thank you Magic, lovely to hear from you :)

debs71
30-01-16, 16:10
Big hugs from me too, Annie. I hope everything goes ok for you. xxx:hugs::bighug1:

Annie0904
30-01-16, 16:17
Thank you Debs. I was supposed to be going to a show last night and had to cancel because I was just to anxious. They have changed my tickets to a show at lunchtime tomorrow and I am determined to get there. I don't want the anxiety to get me back to the state I was in before. x

debs71
30-01-16, 16:21
It's so hard, isn't it, Annie? Especially after doing so well for so long....then something comes up and stirs things up again. Very frustrating, I know.

That is great that you off to see a show! I do find that being occupied helps a lot when anxiety creeps back again. Any welcome distraction is good!

I hope you have a great time. xxx:hugs:

Annie0904
30-01-16, 16:39
At one time I used to take to my bed and hide but that doesn't help to overcome the anxiety at all. No matter how bad I feel I drag myself out of bed and get showered and dress. I do craft work or go for a little walk then at least I can feel at the end of the day that I have achieved something.

pulisa
30-01-16, 19:41
The worst bit is the waiting as you well know, Annie. Once you have had the necessary tests done at least you will be that bit nearer knowing what the problem is or if indeed there is a problem. I wish I could fast forward time for you but you are doing really well to keep yourself calm and functioning xx

Annie0904
30-01-16, 21:17
Thank you Pulisa, yes the waiting is terrible. It will be 1 week from Tuesday so not too long but it feels like an eternity.

pulisa
30-01-16, 21:34
I can well imagine that feeling. You just wanted it sorted out now..

Logically the results will be the same whether done this instant or on the 9th. Getting through to the 9th will be challenging for you but you're going about things in exactly the right way-calmly and steadily. Take any meds which make things easier for you-anything to help you stay as stable as possible. Anyone would be stressed under such circumstances.

Annie0904
30-01-16, 21:41
My doctors are great. On Thursday the doctor said she would put on my notes that if I phoned any day I had to be see that day and to go back with any questions or even if I just needed someone to talk to. I went back on Friday because I had more questions to ask.

pulisa
30-01-16, 21:49
It must really help to have such empathy from your doctors. Such a refreshing change from the norm.

Annie0904
30-01-16, 21:54
I can't fault my doctors at all. They have always been understanding. When my anxiety was worse they would come out to visit. When I made it there they let me in the back door as I couldn't cope with the waiting room.

pulisa
30-01-16, 21:58
That's exceptional. I doubt whether any other surgeries could offer that level of care. Mine certainly doesn't.

Annie0904
30-01-16, 22:05
They have really helped my recovery as did the psychologists who they referred me to.

Annie0904
01-02-16, 13:22
I made it to the show, was very anxious all the time I was there but at least I got there. Feel exhausted today though.
My hospital letter came this morning telling me the tests I will need to have :(

pulisa
01-02-16, 13:27
Every day is a day now. It's a hard time for you but you really did well going to the show yesterday. That can't have been easy x

Annie0904
01-02-16, 14:10
It wasn't easy but I am not going to let anxiety take away my life again!

PanchoGoz
01-02-16, 14:25
Hi Annie :) Can we have massive hugs?

Arietis
01-02-16, 14:31
*hugs for annie*

Annie0904
01-02-16, 14:55
Hi Annie :) Can we have massive hugs?
Yes lots of them please :hugs:

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

*hugs for annie*
Thank you :hugs:

PanchoGoz
01-02-16, 16:19
I'm sure there's nothing wrong Annie, these tests are just formalities :) Keep your mind off it!

Annie0904
01-02-16, 17:40
I'm sure there's nothing wrong Annie, these tests are just formalities :) Keep your mind off it!

I have actually convinced myself that there is nothing wrong but I am having trouble chasing the anxiety symptoms away :)

swgrl09
01-02-16, 17:51
:hugs: sending hugs and positive thoughts

almamatters
01-02-16, 18:05
Wondered how you were Annie. :hugs::hugs:

Annie0904
01-02-16, 18:12
Wondered how you were Annie. :hugs::hugs:

Hi How are you doing?

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

:hugs: sending hugs and positive thoughts
Thank you, lovely to hear from you xx

almamatters
01-02-16, 18:15
I'm ok thank you Annie came back after a break and you were gone!! Did miss you on here, although I suppose it meant you were feeling better, definitely a good thing. :hugs:

Annie0904
01-02-16, 18:47
I have kept popping back now and again but yes I was doing really well until this happened.

Carnation
01-02-16, 19:01
Nice to see you around again Annie, just not through worry! :ohmy::hugs:

Annie0904
01-02-16, 19:15
Nice to see you around again Annie, just not through worry! :ohmy::hugs:

Hopefully my worry won't last :)

Tessar
01-02-16, 22:02
Hopefully my worry won't last :)

No it won't. I have told it to bog off. He he he :-)

Annie0904
01-02-16, 22:03
No it won't. I have told it to bog off. He he he :-)

Thank you :D

Tessar
01-02-16, 22:14
Hello friends. Well, obviously not the reunion we would want but nonetheless good to see familiar people around. This is a place of strength. Where we come to draw upon each others strength to replenish our own. Indeed I have not been around for some time but that is because I have been doing what I can to get on with life :-) I do pop in from time to time. Fortunately for me, I have not needed support for some time but when a friend is in distress then I am happy to be here for them. Soooooo Annie, my friend....... Here's loads of SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT And also loads of HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS
Soon u will hv your appt & then u will be able to move on. Meanwhile... No dwelling please. Noooo. Focus on more positive things. The things that have made such a difference to you of late. You can do this :-) now be good -and that's an order.

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

Thank you :D

No, thank you for being a good friend :-)

Annie0904
01-02-16, 22:16
I am always good :noangel:

gregcool
01-02-16, 22:41
So sorry to hear this annie no wonder its triggered your anxiety and depression.you are in good hands and great they are fast tracking you..possitive thoughts for you annie and hope everything works out well for you and you get back on your road to recovery..x

Annie0904
02-02-16, 15:00
So sorry to hear this annie no wonder its triggered your anxiety and depression.you are in good hands and great they are fast tracking you..possitive thoughts for you annie and hope everything works out well for you and you get back on your road to recovery..x

Thank you Greg, I will be pleased when next Tuesday is over with. I will let you know how it goes. :hugs:

Tessar
02-02-16, 15:21
I am always good :noangel:

Thus your shindig halo .... Shindig????????
Autocorrect going mad again.... "Shining" I typed, shining I tell you.....

Annie0904
02-02-16, 18:10