PDA

View Full Version : Was this a panic attack?

Wilburis
30-01-16, 19:44
Hello

I wonder if anyone has this too.

I was sitting down and all of a sudden I came over all funny. My vision started to go, like I was about to faint, so I quickly moved forward and it went.

I was taking my pulse in my neck at the time. Did I press too hard?

Would this be a panic attack?

Thank you

ana
30-01-16, 20:28
It could have just been low blood pressure? Sometimes you can feel faint for no reason, and it's not necessarily panic-related, or a panic attack. :)

Wilburis
30-01-16, 20:32
Hello

Thank you for replying but I do suffer with high BP xx

Ditapage
31-01-16, 02:46
I've had this before. I put it down to a high state of anxiety - I was always waiting for something bad to happen from it. I couldn't even sit down. That feeling made me want to stand up and pace around. I read once that it can also be tension and tight muscles giving us these weird feelings. Especially since you experienced a change when you moved forward. But most likely you were already anxious and the movement stopped the panic from kicking in.

Wilburis
31-01-16, 12:26
Hi.
Thank you for your reply. You've hit the nail on the head. It happened again and I was super worried so took myself to A and E. My heart rate was 143. I should of said before that my sister has Brugada Syndrome and I'm waiting to be tested. It's making me go even more crazy than I already am! I had 3 ecgs which were exactly the same as previous ones, had bloods done which were fine and so the doc put it down to anxiety! The doc will write to my cardiologist asking for a 24 hour recorder. My pulse today is a good 78! But everyone goes to school and work tomorrow so I'm all alone and thus in itself will make my anxiety creep up but I'm glad I'm still here to thank you guys for replying! Xx