PDA

View Full Version : Mole question

Scared99
30-01-16, 20:24
My health anxiety is Melanoma. I have had it for over a year. I wanted to see if anyone on the board can ease my concerns and let me know if this is normal.

I am 35 years old and had a ton of sun exposure. I rarely get burnt and usually it is only at the start of the spring. I get very tan.. During the winter I usually notice My moles. Maybe because my skin tone is changing and getting lighter. If you stand about 3-4 ft away from me you can only see a handful of larger moles on my stomach and chest.... and about 3 moles on my back.

My concern is when you look at me closely I have around 100 or so very tiny moles. This creates a great deal of anxiety for me and when I shower or get dressed in the morning I honestly need to close my eyes. Are these moles anything to worry about ? They are not all perfectly round or the same color... usually varying shades of brown. I recently had two of my moles biopsied. One of my larger ones on my stomach concerned the dermatologist. This one came back completely normal... and it was the weirdest one I had. The other one on my leg... that I asked the derm to remove because I was tired of stressing over it. He said this looks completely normal but I will biopsy it. The normal one came back atypical and he now wants to remove the remainder.

Are these tiny moles normal for people and is it normal that that look slightly odd.. For the most part they resemble a circle but not a perfect circle. I am scared to death that with so many tiny moles one of them will morph into melanoma and I will miss it.

WorryWortAgain
30-01-16, 20:49
I have hundreds of moles and freckles on my body. Just go to the dermatologist for a yearly checkup and don't worry about them. And in between visits if a miles changes in size or shape, go get it checked. That's all you have to do to be safe! It's normal to have a lot of moles.