PDA

View Full Version : Feeling of change in blood Or ear pressure?

anxious_thoughts
31-01-16, 03:26
Hi guys,

I was driving home from my grandmas which is about a 25 minute drive. Once I got home I parked my car and I got up and almost instantly it felt like my ear pressure changed and I felt a little dizzy.

The ear pressure scared me the most. Has this happened to you guys when you get up from sitting? Is it dangerous?

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Anyone?
I'm worried about a heart attack. :(

Gary A
31-01-16, 03:56
You might have an inner ear infection, but to be honest, feeling dizzy upon standing up really isn't all that unusual. See your doctor if the symptom persists, but I honestly have no idea why you'd think this could be something to do with your heart. :shrug:

Fishmanpa
31-01-16, 04:21
a slight change in elevation between point A and point B could and does cause an ear popping sensation.

Positive thoughts

anxious_thoughts
31-01-16, 04:41
You might have an inner ear infection, but to be honest, feeling dizzy upon standing up really isn't all that unusual. See your doctor if the symptom persists, but I honestly have no idea why you'd think this could be something to do with your heart. :shrug:

Hi Gary, thanks for the reply. It hasn't happened again but my left ear feels a bit sore. So it could be an ear infection. I don't know if it's cause of my anxiety but after the incident I started getting head pains and upper back pains which lead me to think of a heart attack. I'm okay now though. Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:40 ----------

a slight change in elevation between point A and point B could and does cause an ear popping sensation.

Positive thoughts

Hi Fishman,

Thanks for replying! I didn't have any popping sensations but my ears felt clogged and it almost felt like a sudden head rush in a way.

Fishmanpa
31-01-16, 15:35
Hi Fishman,

Thanks for replying! I didn't have any popping sensations but my ears felt clogged and it almost felt like a sudden head rush in a way.

I knew you would say that. I used the wrong word. I live in a mountainous area and always get that clogged feeling (like when you fly). Sometimes just driving across town. It feels like you have to pop them. Regardless... I'm 100% sure this isn't sinister or concerning in the least.

Positive thoughts

countrygirl
31-01-16, 16:51
I sometimes get a day where I keep getting a feeling of intense pressure in one ear that lasts a few seconds and feels very strange, usually after going from sitting to standing or when I turn my head suddenly.

I have had it occasionally for many many years.