PDA

View Full Version : Pins and needles

Bakebeansrule
31-01-16, 07:35
Hi, I think I'm on day 10 of taking sertraline could be day 11 not sure without checking and I've noticed I've been waking up with pins and needles in my hands I've been sleeping in different positions so I don't think I've layed funny. I don't want to google this because it will get me into a tizz and I can't deal with that at the moment. The pins and needles go as soon as I start moving. I've also noticed my skin feels a little sore bit like sunburn and a little itchy (but there's no rash this could just be my anxiety playing tricks on me as the last thing my dr said to me was if I had liver problems is be itching and a couple of days later it happens) has anyone else had these side effects?

The feeling sick has gone and yesterday all I wanted to do was eat but feeling slightly more anxious and shakey is still there

Shazamataz
31-01-16, 08:21
Hey there, Yes pins and needles happens with meds like sertraline so it's nothing unusual. You can also get a burning sensation under the skin. My experience is it's like having electricity coursing through you and it's really noticeable when you are still which may be why it's so evident to you when you wake up? And once moving it's less noticeable.

I have no scientific knowledge behind this but it's like when starting on such meds you get an initial adrenaline rush that lasts while things get settled in and your brain chemistry rearranged. So all this adrenaline and lying still with nowhere for all the energy to go. Something like that.

I had it really bad and had to stop sertraline and citalopram after that. I literally couldn't stand being in my own skin.

Glad the feeling sick has passed. I had that as well to the point of ending up on a drip in hospital. Sounds like the meds are settling down for you -yay!

Bakebeansrule
31-01-16, 09:21
Thanks for replying it's good to know these feelings have been felt by other people. I feel like I have loads of energy just no interest in using it yet once I get up and do something I feel much better. I know the feeling of not wanting to be in your own skin I felt that last Thursday I didn't know what to do with myself it was like I needed to get away but couldnt