PDA

View Full Version : Scared

stressedanxious
31-01-16, 09:06
It's just so weird , I don't know why I can't crack my neck. Usually I able to roll my beck around and it cracks and I feel better. Today I haven't been able to crack my neck at all. I'm really worried and scared . It's 4 am, and I feel a dull pain on my temple still. And I can't crack my neck anymore. I'm really scared I feel like the back of my neck feels stiff and I can't stop focusing on it. I'm really scared of meningitis.

Gary A
31-01-16, 10:09
A few hours ago you were worried about a stroke because you had prominent veins on your temple. Now you're worrying about meningitis because you can't crack your neck?

If you're going to keep jumping to conclusions over such ridiculous reasons, I very much doubt anyone here can help you. Speak to your doctor about a referral to a mental health expert please.

stressedanxious
31-01-16, 13:16
If you have nothing helpful to say don't say nothing at all you're condescending . If you are tired of replying, don't reply. If you're on here to help your own anxiety, don't worry about my problems. Go work on yourself. Telling me to see a therapist , like do you know me ? How do you know what I'm doing ? If you're not the type of person to help people with mental illness then why are you on here? If you wanna just help yourself don't respond to my thread . Maybe I don't have anyone like friend or family and this forum is all I have at 4 in the morning , I don't need to come online and also feel like the people on here don't want to hear my concerns. Like I said early you don't have to reply if you have nothing helpful to say, you're abusive words Are making me worse.

Gary A
31-01-16, 13:24
No, I'm a realist. You're posting regularly going from one thing to the next. If you're going to link being unable to crack your neck to meningitis, and veins in your temple to a stroke, there's probably not too much anyone here can say that will help you.

What you're doing is called safety seeking behaviour. If people keep trying to answer you and reassure you, they're actually not helping you, they're enabling you. You will go round in a circle.

Speak to your doctor about a referral to a mental health expert. That's my only advice to you, take it or leave it.

I've said nothing to you that's remotely abusive, I get the feeling you're another one of those posters who quite enjoys feeling sorry for yourself and don't like it when people tell you curtly what you really need.

stressedanxious
31-01-16, 13:29
This is an anxiety forum, not your career. You don't have to keep replying if you have run out of things to say , just because your reply isn't working.

---------- Post added at 08:29 ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 ----------

You telling me to get therapy is not helpful at all, I can figure that out on my own. Duh.

Gary A
31-01-16, 13:31
Where did I say I was tired of replying? Why are you trying to put words in my mouth? You seem to have a habit of ignoring lengthy posts from people who are trying to help you, so I personally think a short reply to you is best. You don't seem to like being told to see a mental health expert, yet you're quite happy to admit you suffer from anxiety.

stressedanxious
31-01-16, 13:37
If you have nothing helpful or meaningful to say then there's no reason to respond. Have the respect and don't say nothing rude to people on an ANXIETY forum. This is a place where people come for support. Don't come on here and act condescending and disrespectful to someone who's suffering. I don't need you to tell me the obvious to get therapy. You don't know my situation, my income . This is supposed to be a place to come to for support, if you feel like I am annoying and Im not reading your lengthy posts then why even reply to my threads ? Are you that unhappy with your life you want to take it out on me? You are dealing with sensitive people on here, some people on here do not have friends and family on speed dial and this forum is their place where they can talk to someone, stop making people feel like they can't even come on here .

Gary A
31-01-16, 13:49
:shrug:

What nonsense. Youre asking people to offer an opinion, which is exactly what I'm doing. You're asking questions that show you are suffering badly with anxiety and you're way beyond reason and logic helping you. So, what else can I say? What else do you want to hear?

People respond to you with lengthy answers and all you do is ignore it and bring up something else that's worrying you. It's my opinion that this forum isn't helping you and that the only person who can help you is a mental health expert. I really don't know why you'd get so wound up by being told that.

stressedanxious
31-01-16, 13:56
For some anxiety sufferers (me) a doctors diagnosis isnt enough. Period. It's just aint. That's the root of the obsession behind the anxiety. If anxiety could be cured by seeing an all clear blood test, all clear cat scan NONE of us would be here. Logic and reasoning are not enough !!!! You think you can pound reason into someone whos having a panic attack then you're seeing the illness like someone without anxiety would see it. It's a mental ILLNESS not a problem with logic. I logically understand what my dr has says but the feelings of fear remain. That's the problem.

---------- Post added at 08:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 ----------

I don't understand what your motivation is for the nasty replies , if you are frustrated with my posts don't bother writing. Obviously you're making me feel 100x worse and making me feel like I can't come on here for support. does that make you feel good?

debs71
31-01-16, 13:58
There are a host of other symptoms that accompany a stiff neck for meningitis. Aversion to light, headache, rash, etc.

You neck is more likely to be stiff due to holding yourself tense due to anxiety, poor posture, etc. The fact you are well enough to type on NMP is indication enough that you do not have meningitis.....just anxiety.

Gary A
31-01-16, 14:01
So what kind of response would you find helpful? Genuine question. I would find it utterly pointless to say something like "oh dear, I understand how you feel", or something like that. What does that achieve? Surely, the ultimate goal for you is to try and make yourself less anxious? Reason and logic have went out of the window, sure, I get that, but the only way you'll ever rid yourself of anxiety is to try and claw it back.

If you just want people to hold your hand then you're not really fighting your anxiety, you're simply accepting it. I believe everyone here can rid themselves of anxiety, some can be genuinely assisted by this forum. Others need the help of a professional. It's my opinion you're the latter. That's my honest opinion, sorry if that bothers you, but I really don't understand why it would.

stressedanxious
31-01-16, 14:13
All I'm saying is some people on here should be a little bit more considerate when replying to someone who is going through a panic attack. Telling someone to see a therapist over and over again is condescending and rude. You don't know me maybe I am in therapy, maybe I cannot afford it. Maybe I know I need therapy but there is reasons why I can't . It's just a slap in the face when you tell someone over and over again that they need therapy when they already know, it's not helpful. Don't you get it? Some people are in genuinely exceedingly difficult positions and I don't think it is too much to ask that you be a little considerate. Not a lot, just a little.

Gary A
31-01-16, 14:14
Well all I can say is there is never any offence intended, I'm simply offering you honest advice with an honest opinion. I will simply refrain from replying to you in future as it looks like you want a certain type of answer that I apparently don't know how to give.

stressedanxious
31-01-16, 14:20
Thank you .

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 ----------

Debs71

I got bit by a mosquito or some type of bug over a month ago. I've been having off and on low grade fevers . I'm worried I got bit by some type of bug and it's gonna turn into menin.

Fishmanpa
31-01-16, 15:59
Let's be real here StressedA... And truly with respect...

You're getting snippy because you're not getting the reassurance you want and need. You did the same thing at "**" when people called you out on the severity of your anxiety and told you to get help. You went off, said some "not so nice things" and left the forum because of people posting about things that trigger "you".

Sadly, this pattern of posting about a concern, asking for help and ignoring everything due to the fact you can't see the forest for the trees is a common theme. Many here have seen this type of behavior before and recently too! Telling you to seek therapy is not rude nor condescending at all! When two forums full of anxiety sufferers are telling you the same thing, you should listen to what everyone is saying. These are people who have been where you've been and know what it takes to get out.

This is an internet forum. It's not a replacement nor substitution for real life help. I personally posted some links where you can reach out for help. The ball is in your court. People want to help and are being helpful. You just can't see it and are snipping at the words that feed you.

Good luck and as always

Positive thoughts

the_anxious_mind
31-01-16, 16:08
Hey stressed: Been where you have been. It's so so hard to deal with and accept that we may at one point be sick and we may have to go to the doctor to have it checked. I used to have SEVERE HA... I would jump from brain tumor, to cancer, to menin, you name it I had it. It's hard when your brain is running 90 miles an hour and your body is trying to keep up. Anxiety keeps my neck tense and I often get knots because of it. My neck get verse stiff but I find stretching helps. It may just be that you carry your stress in your shoulders... You may find help from a massage therapist or a chiro as well. I will second the therapist advice though. But if you aren't able to see a therapist (or are seeing one and it's not getting you where you need to be) write down everything you are thinking. Seeing it in front of you may help to discount the fears. But if you have had a fever for a few days, I would definitely check in with the doctor. Hugs to you!

stressedanxious
31-01-16, 19:45
Let's be real here StressedA... And truly with respect...

You're getting snippy because you're not getting the reassurance you want and need. You did the same thing at "**" when people called you out on the severity of your anxiety and told you to get help. You went off, said some "not so nice things" and left the forum because of people posting about things that trigger "you".

Sadly, this pattern of posting about a concern, asking for help and ignoring everything due to the fact you can't see the forest for the trees is a common theme. Many here have seen this type of behavior before and recently too! Telling you to seek therapy is not rude nor condescending at all! When two forums full of anxiety sufferers are telling you the same thing, you should listen to what everyone is saying. These are people who have been where you've been and know what it takes to get out.

This is an internet forum. It's not a replacement nor substitution for real life help. I personally posted some links where you can reach out for help. The ball is in your court. People want to help and are being helpful. You just can't see it and are snipping at the words that feed you.

Good luck and as always

Positive thoughts

Well I know how certain people's comments make me feel. Like I said nobody HAS to keep commenting, if you are annoyed by my posts just ignores it. No need to add snarky comments. I know my own financial situation and I don't need to hear the obvious "get therapy". If someone has anything helpful to post regarding my thread that'd great , but to be disrespectful and annoyed because I keep posting everyday offends me and makes me not want to post anymore. Get it? It's not that hard to ignore someone's panic stricken post or offer helpful information or experiences, if you feel like I'm ignoring your advice there's no need to offer more. But someone being rude to a pregnant woman who's hormones are raging and suffering from severe anxiety and panic attacks is unexceptable. Again, you don't have to post this isn't you're career. If you don't have patience to deal with mentally ill people then focus on your own anxiety issues , don't let my problems cause you anxiety and stress. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

Hey stressed: Been where you have been. It's so so hard to deal with and accept that we may at one point be sick and we may have to go to the doctor to have it checked. I used to have SEVERE HA... I would jump from brain tumor, to cancer, to menin, you name it I had it. It's hard when your brain is running 90 miles an hour and your body is trying to keep up. Anxiety keeps my neck tense and I often get knots because of it. My neck get verse stiff but I find stretching helps. It may just be that you carry your stress in your shoulders... You may find help from a massage therapist or a chiro as well. I will second the therapist advice though. But if you aren't able to see a therapist (or are seeing one and it's not getting you where you need to be) write down everything you are thinking. Seeing it in front of you may help to discount the fears. But if you have had a fever for a few days, I would definitely check in with the doctor. Hugs to you!

I have had low grade fevers for like a month , idk why my neck feels stiff . I get so worried, it's hard to not worry when I feel a symptom I'm worried it's something serious this time. It's nice to talk to people that have been in my situation and hear that I'm not alone . Thank you.

debs71
31-01-16, 20:56
stressedanxious - I think the problem here is what you personally deem to be 'help'? Is it other's shared experieces and reassurance rather than something a little more 'blunt' (shall we say) pointing out that this is probably all anxiety talking?

The subjects of how to help and reassurance benefits are a constant issue and topic of discussion on the forum.

I think that what some people are trying to say - without wishing to outright offend - is this: does the help you would like to receive, really help? My post was a prime example of a post that really didn't seem to be of any help for you. I expressed my view that what you have is not meningitis (IMO) I am purely going by the many people I saw with viral and occasionally bacterial meningitis, who are very poorly indeed, but this was not reassuring to you as you then mentioned the mozzie bite and your low grade fever (which only in the likes of Africa and very exotic places can you contract a rare form of meningitis....meningitis is usually accompanied by a sky high fever.)

I didn't follow up by relating this info, as to be honest, I can see when my reassurance is just going to go around and around in circles. I understand that this is the nature of anxiety, and I don't chastise any sufferer for it.

I do though understand where Gary and Fishmanpa - who speak wisely, honestly and with a lot of level headed thinking - are coming from. I know HA sufferers need support and reassurance, but again the question......does it actually help or work for you, is it productive, or would a concentration on tackling the anxiety be more useful??

I truly hope you can find some help with your anxiety.

Just to add, you would not have a low grade fever for a month if this was meningitis. It is a fast deteriorating illness.