PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please

ella32
31-01-16, 09:35
I'm panicking over chest pains and weird sensations in my chest. I had a stress test done on Tuesday and doc said everything was fine .I'm just not coping with the weird feelings in chest or the pain please can anyone help.xx

Gary A
31-01-16, 10:32
Probably not, because every test under the sun and a medical professional couldn't convince you that there was nothing wrong. With that being the case, I don't know what anyone here can do.

ella32
31-01-16, 11:17
I know my heart is ok after stress test I know that would have picked up on anything wrong with heart . I just can't understand why I get weird feelings in chest or why I still get pain. Am having cbt done so I'm hoping that will give me distraction techniques to calm me down

Bakebeansrule
31-01-16, 11:43
When I'm anxious I get chest tightness and pain try going for a walk it will take your mind off it and hopefully it will go away and make you feel better.

debs71
31-01-16, 11:49
ella32, I think perhaps you should try really hard to replace thoughts of worry about your heart with 'this is just anxiety'. You need to try to stop focusing on what your body is doing/appears to do, and distract your mind - play an online game, watch a DVD, even go out for a walk....distraction is key, as sitting and watching every little sign and symptom just makes things worse.

With respect, you have had so many tests now on your heart. I wouldn't even know how to go about getting referred for a stress test, and I worked in health for 11 years!

You must have a very accommodating GP.

I think now you are demonstrating classic HA - had all the tests, been reassured nothing is wrong, but now moving on to the next worry about it not being a particular type of test. This is irrational, to be honest. Doctors KNOW what is a worry. Every working day they see sick AND well patients, and can distinguish between the two.

I truly hope CBT works for you. There is nothing wrong with your heart. Your chest pains are fuelled by anxiety. x

stressedanxious
31-01-16, 13:45
Just know you're not alone and it's normal that you're getting this little flutters , I get them too.