PDA

View Full Version : Muscle tension/ tightness and stuff joints

dizzy daisy
31-01-16, 11:05
Hi all
Anyone else suffering with muscle tension right now? I've finally accepted this as anxiety related, but of course it doesn't mean I don't have to cope with the horrible effects of tension on my body.
The weird thing is I went away for a few days and was so worried I'd ruin the trip due to this but to my surprise I didn't feel too bad at all. After being back for a week it's gradually built up again- grr
Does anyone have any advice or handy tips?
Xx

WorryWortAgain
31-01-16, 12:55
Yes! I believe this might be what's going on with my legs. I've had tightness in my calves for about 5-6 weeks. It's driving me nuts! Part of me is worried about it but the other part thinks it's anxiety :/ What I don't get though is how it happens. Like I don't feel myself tightening my legs so how are they getting sore?

dizzy daisy
31-01-16, 17:51
Thanks for the reply.
I kept thinking I wasn't too stressed do why did I feel so tense, but over the past few weeks I've come to accept that I am stressed and have noticed that I do tense myself at times, even my legs. Sometimes if I'm panicky I might tap my feet a bit or if I cross my legs sometimes I'll swing my leg a bit or bounce it up and down without realising. Just slightly.
Hot baths have helped and I realise that I'm only soothing symptoms and it won't go away fully until I've addressed the underlying stress.
I hope your symptoms start up ease gif you soon. It's really awful having to deal with all these nasty physical symptoms on top of the stress. It's gets me down at times xxx

Libra
31-01-16, 21:11
Yes, mostly shoulders and upper back.Tightness has caused dizziness at times too.

rsanchez
31-01-16, 21:36
I feel tightness due to anxiety all the time. It is super uncomfortable for sure.

dizzy daisy
31-01-16, 22:15
Oh yes, I get dizziness too and it's worse when my shoulders are badly tense for sure. Horrible. Thanks everyone for your responses xx