PDA

View Full Version : Swollen supraclavicular lymph nodes or thyroid

Randara
31-01-16, 22:16
I've been doing pretty well recently but the last few days have been a bit more difficult.

I've had problems with my ears since September (due to suspected silent acid reflux) and have had a swollen gland at the top of my neck which none of the doctors have been worried about. I've dealt with that pretty well.

However, recently I've noticed that the left side of my neck had been hurting and the muscles round there have been too. It feels lumpy/bobbly... And I've been feeling a bit wheezy too and having tummy troubles (possible ibs???)

So basically many things are happening in my body, my main fear is Hodgkin's lymphoma.

The different explanations I have so far are :
A) supraclavicular lymph nodes could be swollen due to my stomach or ear problems or I have a slight chest infection
B) somethings up with my thyroid causing the lumpy feeling (nothing to worry as this is very common)
C) silent reflux/acid reflux could cause wheezing and swollen nodes

Has anyone on here had anything similar and what happened? I'm not looking for a diagnosis, it would be helpful to hear some stories other than the horror ones you get when you google!

Also, I have blood tests, ENT and a normal doctors appointment in the next week so I suppose that's not too long to wait to discuss it.

Tangelina
10-02-16, 07:12
I also have reflux now and then. Last month I noticed some lymph nodes are swollen. been to ENT last week and advised to observe first. I'm having reflux (feeling of lump in my throat) since yesterday, been taking pantoprazole for 2 days now. I also have on and off post nasal drip due to allergy. I always have this heavy/tired feeling at the upper back of my neck behind the ear but when I lie down and take a rest the feeling goes away.

I did CBC, chest X-ray and whole abdomen ultra sound which came out normal. Will be back to ENT tomorrow.