PDA

View Full Version : Extreme unexplained nausea/ cancer??

Natasha006
01-02-16, 06:20
Hi all. I will try and keep it short
I have uncontrollable nausea... constantly.. every single.day followed by sweats and feeling like I'm going to die. I know that alot of u are going to say panic attacks. Nut they aren't... im so dizzy and nauseated that u cant go out. I cant eat without my stomach being upset me this has been happening steady for three weeks.
I dont know what to do. I dont have any other symptoms... just dizziness. When I lay down i feel like throwing up. When I'm upright I feel like throwing up .
Is this cancer!?

AdamE
01-02-16, 21:17
There are plenty of things that can cause this. I wouldn't think about cancer. The super common ones are anxiety and something vestibular. Maybe get checked out by your doctor first. You may have an inner ear infection. I had that recently. Causes you crazy vertigo but don't feel any pain at all. Don't panic though. But I would definitely make that appointment.

I didn't right away either. After about 4 weeks into it I did. My doctor told me it was most likely an inner ear infection and could most likely ride it out since a lot of the time it clears up.

unspoken
01-02-16, 22:53
It could also be to do with stomach acid flowing back up your oesophagus (GERD) which can happen when you're anxious. Then anxiety makes the nausea worse. It's fairly common. I had it for months before the doctor figured what was causing it and it kept making me feel like I was going to throw up. It's simply treated with medication that reduces stomach acid production. Anxiety itself can cause you to feel nauseous or dizziness. I also had an inner ear problem that caused dizziness and nausea once, it came on suddenly and I couldn't figure out which way was up, but after a few days it got better. The doctor gave me some anti-nausea medication to ease the dizziness in the meantime.

Have you seen a doctor at all?

LuSmith
04-02-16, 14:58
I had this when I was a bit younger and it turned out to be an inner ear disorder / menieres. I ended up having to take certain medication whenever I felt an attack of nausea or dizziness/light headedness coming on which REALLY helped. I don't necessarily suffer constantly nowadays but it still affects me from time to time.

It's likely to also be anxiety, as panic attacks and general anxiety feelings can make you feel pretty terrible and cause dizziness, sweating etc. I hope you manage to figure out what it is so you can start to feel better :)

Natasha006
06-02-16, 08:31
Thank u for alll your time and responses. My symtoms are getting worse... i have new ones...in my brain it's terrible im going to be making anther post hoping a one one can help