PDA

View Full Version : Constant blocked nose

steph25
01-02-16, 08:11
I have been doing really well with my health anxiety until I saw an article yesterday about a woman who had a constant blocked nose for three years has been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Now I've started worrying again because I've had a constant blocked nose for five years. I did go to the doctors about four years ago and they just told me to keep on trying different nasel sprays. They didn't do anything but a year later I went back to a different doctor who actually had a look up my nose and said that I have chronic rhinitis. I told him I was worried about cancer and he said not to worry about that.

But after that article I am worrying now.

My nose feels like it's constantly blocked or stuffy but I can tell the difference when I have a cold - it is an awful lot worse and I can still smell things but I can't when I have a cold. Is that a blocked nose or is it normal? I really don't know

Howl
01-02-16, 09:14
Mines always like that too, I have a bit of a deviated septum so I think that's the cause, plus I suffer hay fever so it never really goes. 99.9% of the time a blocked nose isn't anything to worry about, just because one woman had a blocked nose and turned out to have cancer it was probably totally unrelated and she was more than likely in the vast minority.

Shazamataz
01-02-16, 09:19
Mine is like that too. However I have two dogs and am actually allergic to dogs so I've brought it on myself.

Have you tried one of those washes where you squirt water up one nostril and it comes out the other? I can't remember what it's called but if you have any allergens in there it will wash them out.

steph25
01-02-16, 20:08
Thank you, both of you. I really appreciate your words! They've definitely made me feel a bit better