PDA

View Full Version : Hallo I'm New to the Forum

IzzyB
27-02-07, 09:49
Hiya
I found this site on a search engine when looking for some help in dealing with my recent panic attacks. It looks great and I was especially interested in the natural therapies.
Even though I'm a qualified veterinary nurse, I have (for as long as I can remember) had a fear of doctors, and I guess that when I'm sorting myself out - I could also address this too.
I have had isolated panic attacks; i.e. 1 every couple of years and was not particularly worried about them because I could put them down to a stress trigger. Recently though, (for the last 3 weeks) I have had them several times a week. The first one wasn't too bad, in fact not a full-blown attack, just feelings of unease and dizziness, and then I was fine for a whole week after that. Then at work I had a bad one, and ever since then, the fear of having more seems to have heightened my anxiety leaving me more susceptible.
The last 6 months have been stressful... but I thought I could just keep going and going like the Duracell bunny. Now I have run out of batteries! Since the 2nd episode, I have been eating properly and cut back on caffeine and alcohol, but not really seen an improvement. I guess it's early days yet, and after months of not taking care of myself properly, it's gonna take more than a few days to put right!
I look forward to chatting to some of you here, Izzy

wobily_lin
27-02-07, 10:55
Elo Izzy,
Welcome to the site..great support n advice here..glad to have ya on board hun x

trac67
27-02-07, 12:06
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

manmoor
27-02-07, 15:17
Hi Izzy,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Piglet
27-02-07, 15:36
A big welcome to the site :)

Piglet x

nomorepanic
28-02-07, 14:35
Hi Izzy

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some lovely caring people and get loads of advice and support.

skylight2007
28-02-07, 15:03
hello there Izzyb!!! hope your well today, I too am new and its not easy living with panic attacks, I do understand stress does bring it on and just wondering whats been making you feel uneasy of late, sometimes I have found that unconciously the worries are hidden but sometimes because of just living and doing everyday things, we may not always pay attention to what maybe troubling us, so maybe their is something troubling you of late and I find a helpful way is often to write stuff down and just see your thoughts on paper, kinda like putting the problem outside of oneself. Hope that makes sense, but I hope you will find loads of help and support here which I know you will, so for now take care of you. skylight

Pink Princess
01-03-07, 00:09
hey izzy
welcome to the site and i hope you find it useful, hope you are well at the moment
look forward to speaking soon
take good care
xxxxxxx

IzzyB
01-03-07, 21:29
Thank you all for such warm welcomes.
This site is fab, and is helping so much. I have had a very good week (after a bad start on Monday) and I am even thinking I might be up to working at Crufts next week (I'm a nutrition adviser for a pet food company, although I have to admit that until recently I had the worst diet ever and I should really know better!).
I will go armed with my tools (as per the useful advice on here); including rescue remedy, kalms, paperbag, wetwipes and cuddly highland cow!
Once again, I really can't thank the site enough. Realising I am not alone, not mad and that panic attacks cannot actually really harm me has been such a turning point.
Izzy xx