PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety at desk

Anxious Pete
01-02-16, 13:09
Why does it seem to worsen throughout the day? I'm feeling very anxious for little reason, chest tighness, impending disaster about to strike... I don't want to leave the desk in case it gets worse. :scared10: Does caffiene play a part?

glassgirlw
01-02-16, 13:15
caffeine played a big part with me. I cut it out completely. That being said....I still have anxiety. Feeling the same way at my desk today. First day back after being gone a few days due to last attack. I think it's about refocusing the mind somehow and not dwelling on the physical symptoms. Just let them happen and don't worry about them....let them fall away naturally. Easier said than done I know!!

Anxious Pete
01-02-16, 13:24
Hi, thanks, hope you are okay. I am a bit on edge, did have tea and a few squares of dark chocolate this morning, not a good idea for somebody with anxiety. Probably a direct link.

glassgirlw
01-02-16, 13:56
My feelings have moved on for now. I am sure they will be back....But I am trying to train myself not to anticipate them and dwell on it. If they come....ok whatever ☺ I will deal with it then! Hope you have a good day!

Seffie
01-02-16, 20:30
Hi some people are more sensitive to substances such as caffeine so maybe limit it for a while and see how you get on. High caffeine always gives me palpitations. Don't try to distract yourself from the anxiety sensations, go towards them and really notice them whilst all the time accepting that they are only 'discomfort not danger'. Trying to ignore them or push them away just makes them stronger, better to face them and accept them for what they are - uncomfortable but harmless. Have a look at the Anxiety Coach website-very similar to Claire a Weekes advice and very helpful.
Good luck
Seffie x

Ditapage
02-02-16, 03:11
Whenever my anxiety starts progressing during the day I'm usually a)not busy enough/not distracted enough or b)i want to go home and become aware I'm at work and can't leave and will have to get back to my car and drive home while panicking. All these thoughts set me off. Does that sound like your situation? And coffee definitely is of no use.