PDA

View Full Version : Burning kind of pain, lump on leg

SW_Pat
01-02-16, 16:27
So yesterday I felt what was a burning kind of pain in this one small section of the back of my leg. It wasn't so much painful as it was irritating, but after a little rubbing around, I felt in that exact spot a lump. It's not visible on top, but I can feel exactly where it is. I've had a similar sort of lump on my other leg, and I still have no idea what that is. I've had someone feel for it, and they've said they can't feel anything, though they're very obvious to me.

Anyone had this sort of thing before and/or have any input? I don't post here too often, but when I do it's because I'm particularly worried about something.

KeeKee
01-02-16, 16:37
I don't have this but sounds like it could be a lipoma?
It may even just be how your tissue is supposed to feel and as a health anxiety sufferer you think it's something else.
I'm convinced my gland under my chin is swollen virtually all the time but got the GP to feel it and was told it wasn't up.

SW_Pat
01-02-16, 16:57
I'm not sure, these both are small (I think), you can't tell they are there just by looking at me, they're not really painful, and rather firm I'd say. Any kind of lump makes me uneasy really.

KeeKee
01-02-16, 17:13
I know where you're coming from. I have a gristley type lump in my stomach and it feels uncomfortable when I press on it, but my doctor has felt my stomach uncountable times and I'm sure would have said something if it was out of the ordinary. I'd try not to worry and maybe mention it next time your at the doctors just for reassurance and so you can put it out of your mind.