PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty taking a deep breath.

scared88
01-02-16, 23:17
Again I'm having issues with my breathing. It's like I always need to take a deep breath and rarely managing it. I didn't sleep well last night, only managed roughly 3 hours or so and I napped after work. I was OK until I napped actually, when I woke up again I was feeling like this and more tired than before. Of course this is getting me thinking about my nodes again, could there be a node in my lungs that is causing this? That said this is something that had started few months before I discovered the swollen nodes though and the tests I had done back then revealed nothing.
Is anyone familiar with this breathing thing?

On another note I finally got to see my therapist today after being a month on a waiting list. She's gonna change my medications

John_Daryl
02-02-16, 01:01
Whenever I'm bored and not pre occupied I always monitor my breathing which is quite odd. Only been doing it a couple of weeks but I have this sense that I'm not breathing enough. Is this what you feel like?

scared88
02-02-16, 01:11
Whenever I'm bored and not pre occupied I always monitor my breathing which is quite odd. Only been doing it a couple of weeks but I have this sense that I'm not breathing enough. Is this what you feel like?

Maybe! It's hard to describe

John_Daryl
02-02-16, 01:12
Try to describe it for me

scared88
02-02-16, 02:07
Well basically it's like I need to try over and over again to get a big satisfying deep breath and not managing it. But yes I'm also pretty sure that if I start thinking about it that I can feel me start feeling like that.

---------- Post added at 02:07 ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 ----------

Also having bit of a freak out over my sleeping. I fell asleep again earlier tonight after my first nap. My sleeping patterns are odd, I sometimes stay up late sleep few hours before work and then nap when home. So of course I'm worrired about being fatigued. This has happened before though, I think the last time was two years ago when I got tired early and woke up early

John_Daryl
02-02-16, 02:28
I sleep 5 hours before work and about 2 after it every day. Its not unusual just as long as you're not sleeping 12+ hours daily

scared88
02-02-16, 03:19
I sleep 5 hours before work and about 2 after it every day. Its not unusual just as long as you're not sleeping 12+ hours daily

Sometimes during the weekend I can sleep that long. For about 3 years or so I've been sleeping maybe 3-4 hours a night before work and then 3-4 hours after work. So it's an odd pattern.

xofeatherxo
02-02-16, 03:36
I get that when I'm anxious, usually at night when I'm lying on my back. It's like no matter how deeply I breathe in it doesn't feel like enough, even if I manage to take in a full deep breath it feels... incomplete? I think it could be muscle tension constricting my chest so it feels harder to breathe (unfortunately when I get anxious I get TENSE). When that happens I find that this video helps a lot: https://youtu.be/vrSXo4tdQEI