PDA

View Full Version : Different symptoms every day....every day it's SOMETHING! Who else?

Ditapage
02-02-16, 02:46
Hi everyone, I feel like i can't get well until I accept anxiety is behind my symptoms because I don't believe that. Everything feels like a medical emergency and it's making me agoraphobic. It's like I can't even tolerate any discomfort/uncomfortable feeling anymore.

Was wondering if anyone's symptoms change daily?

Over the course of two days I have had:

Massive fatigue
Tight top of scalp
Back of head tightness
All these feelings made it impossible for me to relax. The head tightness was so intense I thought I was gonna pass out.

Next day:
The head tightness is gone. Then I had jaw pain, tiredness.
Went swimming at the beach and had pressure on the side of my head and on the way home I had chest pain in my left breast.

It's always something! What hurts the most is when I am having a medical emergency I probably won't even know it because these I've had such extreme symptoms that felt sinister and nothing was wrong.

I just got a blood test back for the fatigue. Everything was fine.

I'm worn out because every day it's something. Does this happen to anyone else? A panic attack is one thing; but does anyone just have a list of different aches, pains and weird sensations that change from day to day?

For example, if I spent all day all yesterday thinking the head tightness was a brain problem and my head would about to explode, today I am thinking it's my heart. Another day I will have weird breathing and think I have lung issues.

Does anyone go through this and what are the symptoms and diseases these sensations make you fixate on?

anxious1
02-02-16, 06:45
Absolutely i suffer from this all the time. One day i am out of breath so i think lung or heart. Next day, eye aches, thinking tumours. Stomach aches. Cancer and so on. Anxiety really is a cruel illness and has so many effects. . The more you focus on something, the worse the symptoms will get

GingerFish
02-02-16, 11:49
I was like this for so long. I still am to a certain extent but I was at my worst last year. Every day I had some symptom I would obsess over which would then lead onto me believing I had some horrible illness. One day it would be dizziness and vertigo that would make me believe I had a brain tumour, then the next it would be nausea and a dodgy gut - I would then think I had bowel cancer and so on.

faithfulone
02-02-16, 20:10
I've done this so many times it is exhausting. Right now I have stomach issues and every time I eat something and feel a twinge I start to panic. I have had to laugh at myself at times and other times it gets to where I'm so stressed with the constant worry that I eventually tell myself....it will be whatever it will be... This seems to help and I move on.

I am a nurse so I can tell you that there are those rare occasions where patients only have mild symptoms and then find out they had a MI or something serious, but for the most part from what I have witnessed you will know when serious symptoms arise. I believe most people with this type of anxiety will have had multiple tests and exams to rule out most obvious diseases so you have to trust in that. I've had EKG's, stress test, haltor monitor, blood tests, etc. And then at some point you have to say " with all these symptoms wouldn't something dire have happened by now?"