PDA

View Full Version : New thing that's never happened to me before

Sam_dh
02-02-16, 08:06
Ok I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else before? I went to sleep about 4am, It's 8am now. The whole time I've been waking up just shaking uncontrollably then going back to sleep for 20 mins then waking up again and shaking uncontrollably again.
This has never happened to me before and I'm petrified about it.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

TalkTonight
02-02-16, 09:10
Hi Sam

I recall a similar experience 3 times in my life.

It was always when I was anxious to the point of panic, exhausted and very cold. My theory is that, under such circumstances, my body entered into shock. Once I calmed myself (and turned up the heating!) I felt much improved.

If it becomes a regular occurrence I would see your GP as a precaution. I hope you feel better soon.

GingerFish
02-02-16, 11:52
I sometimes get this, especially if I have been in a highly anxious few days or weeks and haven't been sleeping well. I feel like I have a fever or something because I feel so shivery and shaky but then I take my temp and everything is fine other than this shaking and anxious feeling. Eventually I accept its just anxiety.

Shazamataz
04-02-16, 09:10
I've had this recently but I was having trouble adjusting to medication and it's stopped since then.

However whether it was the medication or the anxiety (made worse by the medication), or the lack of sleep and lack of food I don't know.

4 am is late to be going to sleep. Are you perhaps super over tired?

beatroon
04-02-16, 12:42
I had this recently, as part of an overall clusterball of anxiety. It wasn't anything physical, just shaking as part of the anxiety. It's horrible, but it does pass.

I found that having a snack next to the bed, so I could raise my blood sugar, helped; and having some audio-books to listen to when it got bad, to drown out the worry.

Good luck and sympathy!

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

Oh and making sure you're warm enough is definitely a good tip too. x