PDA

View Full Version : What do people feel like AFTER an anxiety episode?

shakey1961
02-02-16, 08:33
Hi all. This morning I woke up feeling bad, which I think is to do with low Vitamin D, which has been confirmed by blood tests. Doc has given me a supplement but I've been scared to take it.

Anyhow, this morning I took one and eventually I confirmed to myself I didn't get any side effects from it. However, in that hour I got myself all anxious. Trembling, sweating, feeling generally crap.

In recovering from it, it sort of came back a few times, sort of like after effects. I'd be ok then I'd get a flash of starting to sweat and trembling.

I'm fine now, except a bit tired which is understandable, but was wondering how it affects others and if they have the same recovery as I do.

Many thanks

GingerFish
02-02-16, 11:45
After a panic attack nowadays, I can spring back almost instantly unless its a major panic attack. If its a bad one then I don't feel right for days afterwards. I feel very zombie like, disconnected, notice my heartbeat more, feel dizzy, sick, achy all over and generally just not quite right both mentally and physically. I know its natural to feel like this after a big bolt of panic but it still freaks me out to this day. I'm just glad that only happens with a big panic now and not every single one, like even with a minor one like it used to.

Chocolateface
03-02-16, 21:31
Hi

After a big attack I feel like a weight has been lifted from me and it feels like I am floating, it can take a while to feel normal again afterwards

Clare

SB78
04-02-16, 02:27
After a panic attack nowadays, I can spring back almost instantly unless its a major panic attack. If its a bad one then I don't feel right for days afterwards. I feel very zombie like, disconnected, notice my heartbeat more, feel dizzy, sick, achy all over and generally just not quite right both mentally and physically. I know its natural to feel like this after a big bolt of panic but it still freaks me out to this day. I'm just glad that only happens with a big panic now and not every single one, like even with a minor one like it used to.

I'm the same, after a major anxiety attack I feel a bit vague and foggy in my head for a few days afterwards - and very tired.

uru
04-02-16, 07:34
I've never had an attack. My anxiety is constant...Just either manageable or not.

almamatters
04-02-16, 08:22
I've never had an attack. My anxiety is constant...Just either manageable or not.

I'm pretty similar to this, have had a few panic attacks but I'm mainly stuck with a constant feeling of dread and worry. Mine built up over years and years until I suffered a seriously bad panic attack ( which I thought was a heart attack and I called 999) The aftermath of this , believe it or not, lasted for 4 months.

uru
04-02-16, 08:35
Is it the same thing or different things?

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

Also, do you know what caused it?

almamatters
04-02-16, 08:49
Not sure if that question was for me but I suppose a constant feeling of dread is typical GAD and panic attacks is just that ( with a bit of overlapping of symptoms) I always suffered with anxiety but I denied it for years, it came to a head a few years ago where I could no longer control my symptoms and began thinking I was suffering from a terminal illness, was unable to leave the house or have any kind of normal life. This resulted in about 40 GP appointments in 4 months, several trips to A and E, calls to the paramedics and a near nervous breakdown. I do believe my failure to recognise or deal with my anxiety at a younger age is to blame. I am still suffering but find i at least have a bit of insight into my condition.
Sorry if that question wasn't for me, but it felt good sharing anyway.