PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks and anxiaty

carl dewar
02-02-16, 15:51
hi my name is carl and ihave been suffering high anxiety and panic attacks istill work at the moment but everyday is abattle to get there which at times is very tireing iam new to this site and would welcome any tips and friends :)

venusbluejeans
02-02-16, 16:00
Hiya carl dewar and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Zaine7673
02-02-16, 20:02
Hi Carl,

Reading the symptoms page on this site helped me a lot. Just understanding what is happening to me has been of much help.

As a matter of fact, I've logged in just now as I am currently experiencing the symptoms again and trying my best to control them. It isn't easy, I must admit, but try distracting yourself with peoples company or something that requires your full concentration.

Zaine

helloworld
03-02-16, 00:15
Hi Carl,

I had really severe problems with panic attacks during a very stressful period in my life. Pretty much back to "normal" now (fingers crossed) after doing some CBT, mindfulness and using SSRIs....

Happy to chat if I can be any help, and hope you find something that works for you... You CAN get better from this...

Mark

Zaine7673
04-02-16, 11:38
hi mark, would you mind if I ask you to explain what CBT is? I've heard it being mentioned but not entirely sure what it is.

SB78
04-02-16, 21:38
hi mark, would you mind if I ask you to explain what CBT is? I've heard it being mentioned but not entirely sure what it is.

CBT - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy