PDA

View Full Version : How long until the side effects wear off ?

rebeccad
02-02-16, 15:52
So I've been given propranolol and at the moment all I have is extreme tiredness and dizziness I'm due to return to work Thursday but won't be able to function like this , can anybody offer any advise except to stop taking them ? X

sandie
02-02-16, 16:33
Rebecca - what dosage Propanalol are you taking and how often ? Why has it been prescribed and are you on any other meds ?

I am taking Propanalol 3 x 40mg per day . I am not experiencing any side effects, nor did I when I first took them around 10 years ago. This time around I have only been on them for around 3 weeks to date.

rebeccad
02-02-16, 16:58
80mg slow release once a day , they are for anxiety xx

sandie
02-02-16, 17:24
Has it been affecting your sleep Rebecca ? Are you on any other meds, antidepressants etc ?

rebeccad
02-02-16, 18:05
I'm not on any other meds and no it hasn't affected my sleep , I'm not sure if they're just not compatible with me xx

sandie
02-02-16, 18:14
Propanalol won't hurt you, it's not addictive and you can be selective about when you take them, ie, there are no start-up or withdrawal side effects, so you do not have to taper off and can stop whenever you wish to stop. I suggest you have a chat with your GP, but I would not worry about them.